Swift 3 SF314-54-82VP two touchpad drivers

mas0L
mas0L Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, screenshot attached.
As you can see I have two available drivers from Synaptics and from ELANTECH, but if I am not mistaken - I only need one.
So why is Acer gives me two options, which one do I need? Also the ELANTECH one has no installation file, only cmd file.
Also the Synaptics driver dates 2018.05.23 but when installed - device manager says it is 2016 year, the version is right though.

I am doing all sorts of things because my touchpad has freezes from time to time and I want to fix it...

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop and disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15 Mins, reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery, go to BIOS at the start, press F9 (to set it to default), press F10 to save &exit.
    You don't need Elantech driver, some of these laptops may have got Elantech touchpad installed.
    WHY IS MY ACER SWIFT 3 TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING? - Page 2 — Acer Community
    Acer Internal Battery Reset - Acer Community
  • mas0L said:
    Hello, screenshot attached.
    As you can see I have two available drivers from Synaptics and from ELANTECH, but if I am not mistaken - I only need one.
    So why is Acer gives me two options, which one do I need? Also the ELANTECH one has no installation file, only cmd file.
    Also the Synaptics driver dates 2018.05.23 but when installed - device manager says it is 2016 year, the version is right though.

I am doing all sorts of things because my touchpad has freezes from time to time and I want to fix it...

With touchpads, the problems is either drivers or its the touchpads hardware that is faulty and causing you the freezing problems, the touchpad drivers are very stable and reliable they very rarely go wrong. Acer uses the Synaptics and/or the ELANTECH and other touchpads for their laptops. To see what touchpad you have do this, go to > Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices and see which touchpad you have?

If you have a Synaptics touchpad the ELANTECH software won’t work and vice versa! Touchpad software is not an updatable software that needs to be updated every month or year. The best software is provided by Acer for your laptop and if you are having trouble(s) then uninstall the existing software and reinstall it again, as that should fix your probe(s) if not then its the touchpad hardware so replace it.