Is screw for m.2 ssd included? aspire 7 a715-71g-55ks

Alex679
Alex679 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I have an aspire 7 a715-71g-55ks laptop. I'm thinking of upgrading it with an m.2 ssd. Is the screw that is required to fasten the ssd included inside the laptop or will I have to buy 1 beforehand?

Best Answer

• Alex679
    Answer ✓
    The ssd i bought was samsung 970 evo plus. Screw was not included. But after all, a screw was included inside the laptop, although not on the m.2 slot. I found it on the inner side of the back cover that i had to remove before placing the ssd. I was about to give up and go looking for a screw in a computer store but then I noticed it. I'm not 100% sure it was supposed to be a spare for the m.2 slot, but it looked like it was holding nothing were it was placed, and it fitted perfectly on the m.2 slot. So this has got to be it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Usually included with the card but sometimes already on the board. Check with whoever you buy the m.2 from. To be on the safe side anyway, you should order a laptop screw kit for less than €15 which contains 100s of every kind of screw you'll ever need when, not if, you lose a few. https://www.desertcart.gr/products/32592472-co-rode-350-pieces-laptop-screws-notebook-computer-screw-kit-set-for-ibm-hp-dell-lenovo-samsung-sony-toshiba-gateway

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex679
    Answer ✓
    The ssd i bought was samsung 970 evo plus. Screw was not included. But after all, a screw was included inside the laptop, although not on the m.2 slot. I found it on the inner side of the back cover that i had to remove before placing the ssd. I was about to give up and go looking for a screw in a computer store but then I noticed it. I'm not 100% sure it was supposed to be a spare for the m.2 slot, but it looked like it was holding nothing were it was placed, and it fitted perfectly on the m.2 slot. So this has got to be it.
  • JackE
    Congrats. Now is the card recognized by the BIOS? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex679
    Thank you! Yes the card was recognized by the BIOS, installed windows 10 already on it and everything seems to be working fine.
  • JackE
    Good for you! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ