Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 AHCI MODE

SolidSnakeFUZ
SolidSnakeFUZ Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
When i try to switch to AHCI mode in bios and boot my Predator freezes in logo Predator, the only way to get my laptop back is reset the bios. Why i cant put in AHCI mode?

Any suggestion to switch to AHCI mode without freeze my bios?
My bios versio is 1.12.

- HD0 I have ADATA 128 GB m2 Sata nothing installed (want to install linux here with dual boot)
- Hd1 ADATA M2 NVME 512gb with windows 10 installed
- HD2 WD Blue sata 2TB my games installed

Answers

• invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Drive formatted with RST optane/ premium won't boot on ACHI. To boot OS with ACHI format OS with ACHI enabled first.
  • SolidSnakeFUZ
    how can i format the drive with aHCI enable if when i try to put in bios in ahci mode the computer freeze?
  • CCKwong
    CCKwong Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue. When I enable AHCI mode in BIOS and Install my ADATA SX6000Lite at the same time, my system must freeze in black screen or Logo. 
    Any suggestion for me. Thanks!

Bios version is 1.12

- HD0 Samsung 970 evo plus  2T
    - Hd1 ADATA SX6000Lite 1 T        <issue: like Bios not compatible!
    - HD2 Verbatim SSD 1T
  • SolidSnakeFUZ
    cant do anything about that issue :(
  • El_Ormigo
    El_Ormigo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2020
    how can i format the drive with aHCI enable if when i try to put in bios in ahci mode the computer freeze?
    Basically you have to re-install a fresh copy of windows after you switch from raid to achi in the bios. There may be a method of doing the switch by editing registry values without doing a fresh install of windows. But that can be very tricky and if done wrong it can make your drive unbootable. What I would suggest is first make an image backup  of your current drive on an external drive before you do anything in case things go wrong. 
  • @The_OrmigoWrong. It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Do this:
    a) press windows + r, type msconfig, go to system boot, enable safe boot and restart windows.
    b) then, uninstall and delete this driver:

c) then, restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Redcap320
    Redcap320 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @The_OrmigoWrong. It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Do this:
    a) press windows + r, type msconfig, go to system boot, enable safe boot and restart windows.

c) then, restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci.
    THANKS BRO! THIS METHOD IS WORKING FOR ME. IM USING PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-53-79E7
  • SirAlmond
    SirAlmond Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    @The_OrmigoWrong. It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Do this:

This didn't work for me.
    It just goes back to the predator boot screen a few times and then says no boot device.
    This is already after I used Ubuntu's instructions https://help.ubuntu.com/rst/
    Please help, I don't want to reinstall Windows.
    Thanks
  • @SirAlmondHave you enabled safeboot on windows 10?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SirAlmond
    @SirAlmondHave you enabled safeboot on windows 10?
    Yes I have
  • @SirAlmondHave you checked that ssd and hdd are showing up in the information tab of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SirAlmond
    edited September 2021
    @egydiocoelho
    This is a new PC I just bought. I followed Ubuntu's instructions and changed the registry iaStorV StartOverride and storeahci StartOverride to 0.
    It didn't work then I found your answer and enabled safe boot + uninstalled & deleted the Intel 
    RST Premium Controller and tried again. Didn't work.
    I then tried to uninstall the controller that's now appearing instead of the premium one (it says "Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller". This one can only be uninstalled but not deleted) and changed the registry again, still doesn't work.
    More info in the pic

• SirAlmond
    @SirAlmondHave you checked that ssd and hdd are showing up in the information tab of the bios?
    In the picture I posted you can see two drives listed, in Windows they are shown as one drive (because of the RAID 0 I presume)
  • @SirAlmond Let's start at the beginning, ok?! As your template is different, can you create a new topic here? https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/predator-laptopsThen add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer