replacment acer spin 3 stylus pen replacment - Acer SP314-54N-54DB

OceanCode
OceanCode Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I have an Acer Spin 3 14"  2 in 1 Laptop - i5, and have recently lost my active stylus. I've looked but am struggling to find somewhere to buy a replacement.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    What model do you own exactly? SP314-....?
    France
  • OceanCode
    OceanCode Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello,
    What model do you own exactly? SP314-....?
    Acer SP314-54N-54DB
    sorry that it's been a while, thanks for helping me
  • divide0
    divide0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have the same model and would like to ask about this as well. Can't seem to find much info about the pen specific to this one and it doesn't seem to fit any other pen. Really afraid of losing it and never being able to find a replacement for the slot.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The Acer part number for the pen is: NC.23811.07A, as shown in Acer's pen compatibility page. It's a Wacom AES 1.0 pen and fits in the slot designed to hold it. You can use other pens with the same spec, but they likely won't fit in the slot, so you'd have to carry it separately.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Your_Deztiny11
    Your_Deztiny11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. please help me I lost my acer spin 3 pen. where should i buy for replacement. i want the original one though

• billsey
    As you can see, that was answered just above your post.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wishindo
    wishindo Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    As you can see, that was answered just above your post.
    No it wasn't. They were asking where to buy, whilst your other post answered the question of what to buy. Finding any active listings for the stylus is quite tricky, you know.
    Also, the link in that post has died and it was never archived on archive.org
  • billsey
    Searching on the part number is the easiest way to find a vendor that can provide the exact replacement. Linking to a vendor will not work very often, since the vendors are locale specific. Right now I see a few on offer when I Google the part number, from the USA, Canada, Germany, etc.. But if I were in Singapore or Mumbai I would likely want a different outlet. If you just want one that works, but doesn't fit into the pen bay on the laptop, you can get any Wacom AES 1.0 pen and it will likely work.
  • arkafoodtech
    arkafoodtech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi everyone, 
    anyone could help me solve my issue for Acer Spin 3 SP314-21-R56W. There is no stylus pen incude (dummy). I read for this thread there is solution by using pen alternatif Wacom bamboo Ink Stylus AES 1.0. I already buy it one. Wacom bamboo In Active Stylus support AES 1.0 CS323AG0A. Unfortunately, It is not working because of driver not supported and there is no bluetooth connection. Anyone ever face the same issues? Please give me a hand..
    thank you
    Ary
  • billsey
    edited October 2021
    @arkafoodtech your model doesn't support an active stylus. You would have had to purchase a SP314-21N for active digitizer support. You can use any of the pens that have the blunt tip.
  • arkafoodtech
    arkafoodtech Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi @billsey thank you for this helpful answer. So, even though I buy AES technology for alternative pen, the software is not supported for the active stylus, is n't it?
    thank you
  • billsey
    Yes, it's not a software issue, it is that the hardware isn't there.