Advanced BIOS settings for Aspire E1-522

13»

Answers

• 11juanaponte
    11juanaponte Member Posts: 1 New User
    La solución mejor solución es: Aqui esta el tutorial explicado y con los archivos necesarios.
    Como no encontre algun tutorial para obtener la solución. Entonces yo lo he realizado, explicando paso a paso.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvuZVp44I-I
  • Gemmill
    Gemmill Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am a new member so forgive me if I I would make mistakes on my message.
    I have an Acer Aspire E1-521 and my BIOS InsydeH20 v2.02, I followed the vinman procedure ... it helped me a lot, but I couldn't save the changes, so I 've used Ceikor's method and especially thanks to wasd ... for the download link for BOOTX64.efi because my old copy of the BOOTX64 file that I had was not good.
    I made the change of the 2, despite my version of Old Bios.
    setup_var 0x217 0x01
    setup_var 0x218 0x01
    the change was made and saved.
    I still do not see in the BIOS menu: Advanced option.
    I think the problem that remains for me is that I have an "A" attribute in my offset: 0x212 0x41
    It's the only one I can't change.
    I deduced that as 0x217 (0x21B) and 0x218 (0x21C)
    the offset: 0x212 is equivalent to the var: 0x20E
    I wasn't mistaken, I made the change to (0x00) but it couldn't save ??? poor me :(
    I need help if you have any ideas for me, I will be really grateful to be able to use a virtual machine, you are a great help really :)
  • Gemmill
    vinman said:

NEEDED EXTERNAL DVD...
    BURN MINTLINUX CINNAMON 64BIT
    READ ENTIRE DIRECTIONS AND PRINT OFF BEFORE STARTING....
    A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF LINUX OR SOMEONE WHO DOES...SUPER USER COMMANDS ARE FOREVER IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID OR ARE DOING..

ENTER BIOS
    1. Disable UEFI Secure Boot
    The Secure Boot Setting is present in the BIOS menu (Hit F2 - while booting or via Windows 8's Enter UEFI Setup). But
    in order to change it, one has to set a "Supervisor Password" in the Security Tab within BIOS.
    2. Change Boot order so USB CD/DVD is first option
    EXIT BIOS
    BOOT LIVE LINUX MINT WITH DVD IN DRIVE (SELF EXPLANATORY)   
    3. Boot into linuxmint-cinnamon-DVD-64bit via UEFI
    Booting via UEFI is important because the efi runtime service is not accessible when linux was booted "the old way".
    SELECT FIRST OPTION...JUST HIT ENTER AT GRUB LOADER SCREEN
    4. System has compatibility issues with graphics SO FIRST SAY NO TO FIRST XSERVER WARNING AND OK TO SECOND..THEN  command line opens after errors type in each command
    (EXACTLY..UPPER AND LOWER CASE MATTER AS WELL AS SPACES....ENTER after each line)

sudo Xorg -configure
    sudo cp /home/mint/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    startx

Now graphic display will show...
    First find connection icon in lower right of screen and connect to network
    (needed to download ghex editor)
    4.Access UEFI via a console/terminal
    (A BLACK BOX WITH THIS SYMBOL IN IT     >_     )
    LOCATED BOTTOM LEFT...THIRD ICON FROM MENU..
    5. Type in terminal (enter after every line)
    sudo su
    modprobe efivars
    apt-get install ghex
    ghex

6. Now ghex editor is running in super user state...be careful and if you don't know what your doing...im not responsible..find someone who does..
    UNDER FILE TAB   OPEN
    NAVIGATE TO File System/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/Setup-a04a.............
      (Setup-a04a............ I LEFT THE FULL NAME OFF BUT YOU'LL KNOW WHAT FILE IT IS WHEN YOU SCROLL DOWN)
    edit 0X21b and 0X21c
    change the 00  to 01 for both

00000210  00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00  00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 

7. exit ghex it will ask you to save....must save..
    8. close all windows
    9. HOLD POWER BUTTON UNTIL UNIT SHUTS DOWN...MUST...
    10. UNPLUG USB CD DRIVE OR REMOVE DISK
    11.START UP...PRESS F2 TO ENTER BIOS AND YOU'LL SEE ADVANCED MENUS..
    12. BE CAREFUL AND USE AT OWN RISK...RESTORING DEFAULT SETTINGS WILL PROBABLY REMOVE ADVANCED MENUS FROM BIOS...
    THANKS AND ENJOY

http://youtu.be/fzuuE0tz6bY check out video..

I am a new member so forgive me if I I would make mistakes on my message.
    I have an Acer Aspire E1-521 and my BIOS InsydeH20 v2.02, I followed the vinman procedure ... it helped me a lot, but I couldn't save the changes, so I 've used Ceikor's method and especially thanks to wasd ... for the download link for BOOTX64.efi because my old copy of the BOOTX64 file that I had was not good.
    I made the change of the 2, despite my version of Old Bios.
    setup_var 0x217 0x01
    setup_var 0x218 0x01
    the change was made and saved.
    I still do not see in the BIOS menu: Advanced option.
    I think the problem that remains for me is that I have an "A" attribute in my offset: 0x212 0x41
    It's the only one I can't change.
    I deduced that as 0x217 (0x21B) and 0x218 (0x21C)
    the offset: 0x212 is equivalent to the var: 0x20E
    I wasn't mistaken, I made the change to (0x00) but it couldn't save ??? poor me
    I need help if you have any ideas for me, I will be really grateful to be able to use a virtual machine, you are a great help really :)
  • Gemmill
    wasd said:
    Finally! 

Before trying a few methods I found the one that works for me. I have an Acer Aspire e1-522 with 2.09 BIOS version. I almost give up after trying with linux mint, but by searching in several webs I found this:

1. Download bootx64.efi
           http://www.mediafire.com/file/81vegw2aw0pxcib/EFI+Shell.rar

2. Create a bootable freedos and copy bootx64.efi inside.
    3. Reboot pc and enter BIOS for disable EUFI Secure Boot
    4. Select USB CD/DVD as first boot option
    5. Type the following comands when bootx64.efi starts:

(Bios Version: 2.07)
    setup_var 0x217 0x01 

(Bios Version: 2.09)
    setup_var 0x217 0x01 
    setup_var 0x218 0x01 

6. Reboot and it's DONE! Now I have full access to advanced setting in BIOS menu. (in my case i want to enable AMD-v)

I don't know why Acer doesn't provide tools for access this advanced option, this blow my mind. 
    Fortunately we have a large community of heroes, great heroes

I hope this works for you too :)

REFF: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-Acer-Aspire-E1-422-G-Bios-Unlock

A Special thanks to wasd ... for the download link for BOOTX64.efi because my old copy of the BOOTX64 file that I had was not good, and now I made the changes but still have a problem I still have an "A" attribute in my offset: 0x212 0x41, I think that it's this Attribute which block me, It's the only one I can't change, any ideas you have for help???
This discussion has been closed.