Acer Aspire LCD display problem - Acer Aspire 4820TG

Moorthy
Moorthy Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have Acer Aspire 4820TG laptop and the lcd screen works only at an angle of about 110-120 deg, which otherwise gets scrambled. I suspect that the display cable connector from the MBoard has worn out. Please let me know if there could be any other problem. Also where in US can I purchase this cable if the need be.

Thanks
Moorthy

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    1. Do you check the display via the HDMI port with an external monitor?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • Moorthy
    edited October 2020
    It works fine with an external monitor, but I use the laptop screen at an angle and the it works okay. The serial no is - SNID  : XXXXXXXXXXXX (LXPSE02201XXXXXXXXXXXX).

[Thread edited to personal content]
  • laurent_14
    Hello,
    Did you check the connector (green arrow) of the eDP cable on the LCD panel by removing the bezel?

France
  • Moorthy
    No I haven't. I didn't open anything. Just guessed the issue because of the nature of the problem. What exactly in the connector should I check after removing the bezel ? What am I looking for ?

Thanks
    Moorthy
  • laurent_14

Check if the connector is properly connected after removing the battery and the bezel. Sometimes it is slightly disconnected.
    France
  • Moorthy
    Thanks. Let me check and get back on that.
  • Moorthy
    I removed the bezel and checked. The connector is very tightly connected (factory set).In fact a sticker kind of thing is stuck over the connector, so that there is no scope for it to loosen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Look at the other end of the cable as well, where it connects to the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.