Aspire A515-43 touchpad not working, no Serial I/O drivers.

Ephrem
Ephrem Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

My laptop touchpad stopped working after win10 update. There are no touchpad settings in my bios. There isn't a serial I/O driver for my laptop on acer's website.

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, Mice and other pointing devices, post the image please.

• Ephrem

Tinkerer

Here It is
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Hi,
    Expand Security devices and try updating the driver and see whether it helps, Also go to BIOS, move to Main tab, while you are in Main tab, press Ctrl+S buttons and see whether you get the option for Touchpad.
  • Hi @Ephrem,
    Give this a try, press F7 button once and see whether the Touchpad works because F7 is for switching On/Off the Touchpad in your model.
  • Ephrem

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2
    it says the driver is already updated and the "Ctrl+S" method didn't work 
  • Ephrem

Tinkerer

Hey, anyting new? i still can't find any solution  :'(
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Ephrem said:
    Hey, anyting new? i still can't find any solution  :'(
    I have run out of ideas, please wait for someone else to reply.
  • Ephrem

Tinkerer

ok, Thank you 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Ephrem,

I HATE TOUCHPADS !
    Your case seemed to be similar to my laptop after I replaced it's power button board. I believe somehow the touchpad connection was loosen during the replacement process. Since  I hate touchpads and 99.99% of the time I only use a small size regular USB mouse, I didn't bother to open up the laptop again and try to fix the touchpad. I did not use the touchpad even though when it was working.
                      Good Luck !
  • Ephrem

Tinkerer

haha =) . . . i'm also doing that, but only because I don't know what else to do. . .  :) 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Ephrem,
         I chose the regular USB mouse from the beginning, since using touchpad to play games was just way, way inconvenient .
  • What is the version bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShanksPC
    ShanksPC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Are you sure that touchpad doesn't work because of Windows update? I think that you used a third part application to update your drivers like PChelpsoft. Sometimes third part application asks you to update a Serial IO driver that Isn't available for many laptops like Serial IO 31BA. This operation delete permanently your touchpad drivers until you reinstall Windows.