SF314-42 doesn't wake up from sleep mode, Windows restarts instead, please help!

Answers

• Try to restore the bios by pressing f9 and then click save and shut down or f10 to save and exit. Then turn off the notebook and restart the battery and check if the problem still occurs:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The issue has already been widely reported and is confirmed to be a Microsoft patch flaw.
    So any "solution" is palliative and only the correction that is planned for the end of 2020 will remedy the error of access to hibernation and suspension modes.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Tarik02
    Tarik02 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Zahary_pl said:
    So problem still exists and is not solved neither with the latest Windows updates nor bios update (1.04).

Could anybody check if this behaviour is specific to this Acer laptop model, or generally to this Ryzen processor (?)

Than we would know if Acer bios update or Microsoft Windows update is necessary.. 
    It is Ryzen-specific problem. Issue like this in amd forum: https://community.amd.com/thread/254849

P.S. And even more, I know someone having this problem on Linux.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @Zahary_pl from what I understand you have Windows 10 Pro installed and the original poster has Windows 10 Home. Since Home doesn't support virtualization the BIOS update fixed their issue. Yours does support virtualization, so we should go through your problem on a separate thread. Please start one, include your full model number, the symptoms you see, what you have tried already and include us by using our forum handle and the @ key like I did at the start here. Maybe we can get pinned down to something they can fix for us...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JuneBkk
    JuneBkk Member Posts: 3 New User
    august 11 update 19041.450 still problem exist. 

• JuneBkk
    JuneBkk Member Posts: 3 New User
    august 21, windows update amd driver, and finally work without problem.
    I think problem is solved, now.

• Tarik02
    JuneBkk said:

Hmm, strange. I updated everything from Windows Update and problem is still here. Are you sure that virtualization is enabled and you have at least one VM running?
  • balckcr
    balckcr Member Posts: 1 New User
    JuneBkk said:

Can you share us with the driver version?
  • daniels20000
    daniels20000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with the same hardware, v1.04 BIOS and it's not only related to Windows but Linux as well. I'm counting on quick fix 
  • balckcr said: JuneBkk said: august 21, windows update amd driver, and finally work without problem.

Try uninstalling and deleting the video card driver in the device manager and then restart windows. Then go to windows update and download the updates.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cdugan
    cdugan Member Posts: 1 New User
    For what it is worth, I found this thread because I was having the exact same problem. I have Windows 10 Home version 2004 and every time my laptop goes to sleep, it reboots with the bugcheck suggesting THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform and the issues went away. I'm really bummed because I also wanted to use WSL2 which requires this. The second I reinstall it and put the computer to sleep, it happens 100% of the time. I guess I'm stuck on WSL1 for the time-being. I'll be following this thread in case there are solutions presented.
  • Tarik02
    balckcr said:
    JuneBkk said:

Try uninstalling and deleting the video card driver in the device manager and then restart windows. Then go to windows update and download the updates.
    That did not help. There's just no fix still. So, continue waiting for fix.
  • Try disabling fast startup in the power options and fastboot in the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tarik02
    Try disabling fast startup in the power options and fastboot in the bios.
    Please, don't post things like this. There's a real problem and it's not about "disable/enable something". It is encountered both in Windows and Linux. It appears when virtualization is used. It exists on ALL ryzen 4*** laptops.

Some info about other laptops: https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/5690#issuecomment-699698825

There's a lot of laptops with this problem. It is fixed for some of them by last BIOS update, but was not fixed for Swift 3 SF314-42 (some movement to fixing was, laptop sometimes fall to sleep, but can't wake up).
  • kirmgrauza
    kirmgrauza Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Guys! I think they fixed it with the lastest BIOS update (1.07). 🥳🥳🥳 With Virtualization enabled, computer doesn't crash after sleep, and Virtual machines works. Can anyone confirm?
  • Tarik02
    edited October 2020
    Guys! I think they fixed it with the lastest BIOS update (1.07). 🥳🥳🥳 With Virtualization enabled, computer doesn't crash after sleep, and Virtual machines works. Can anyone confirm?
    How did you update your BIOS? I did it using utility from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8263. After updating the problem is still not fixed: I can put laptop to sleep, display turns off and keyboard backlit too; but when I try to wake it up, display does not turn off and device seems to just reboot.

P.S. Even after reinstalling Windows the problem is not fixed.
  • kirmgrauza
    edited October 2020
    Tarik02 said:
    How did you update your BIOS? I did it using utility from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8263. After updating the problem is still not fixed: I can put laptop to sleep, display turns off and keyboard backlit too; but when I try to wake it up, display does not turn off and device seems to just reboot.

I haven't reinstalled my Windows. Just downloaded a tool from Acer Support page. Virtualization works, computer goes to sleep and doesn't crash. Everything works fine. 😎

• Tarik02
    Tarik02 said:

I haven't reinstalled my Windows. Just downloaded a tool from Acer Support page. Virtualization works, computer goes to sleep and doesn't crash. Everything works fine. 😎

Virtualization works of course, but laptop can't wake up :(

• Tarik02
    Tarik02 said:

Which drivers versions do you use? Where did you install them from?
  • kirmgrauza
    I've downloaded latest Radeon Adrenaline drivers from amd.com . All other drivers are updated to latest version. PC wakes up from sleep and doesn't crash.

This discussion has been closed.