Acer nitro 5 ( AN515-43 ) Stuttering and lag

AntoAnson
AntoAnson Member Posts: 3 New User
My Acer nitro 5 ( AN515-43 ) the ryzen 5 3550H and rx 560x is lagging so much while gaming making almost every game unplayable even gta V in 1600×900 res and normal + high graphics settings stutters . I made sure that my rx560x dedicated graphics card is being used and not the Vega 8 . I have my amd drivers and windows up to date. It is not low fps it is Stuttering every 6-7 seconds . When I used msi afterburner to know the fps I noticed that when I face this stutter my CPU clock speed reduces to exactly 400Mhz . The clock speed always fluctuates between 2.XX to 3.6 MHz , Is there any way to fix this issue.

Answers

• CHECK
    CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Go to replace the high-end gaming notebook.
  • Trundlore
    Trundlore Member Posts: 2 New User
    CHECK said:
    Seems like a pretty troll-ish answer, the specs of the AN515-43 are more than capable of a spot of gaming without getting throttled like this.
    We have two AN515-43 although with the Nvidia 1650 GPU. one games fine, the other exhibits this behaviour. from testing it seems that the CPU on one system hits 97/98 degrees and gets throttled to 400mhz briefly to cool down and then resumes previous performance. rinse and repeat until frustration sets in. 
    I have ordered some thermal paste and am going to try and re-paste the problematic one as the other system peaks at around 90 to 92 degrees during the same gaming sessions with the same detail/graphics settings.

will report back if the re-paste resolves the issue when it turns up tomorrow
  • AntoAnson
    AntoAnson Member Posts: 3 New User
    Trundlore said:
    CHECK said:
    Seems like a pretty troll-ish answer, the specs of the AN515-43 are more than capable of a spot of gaming without getting throttled like this.
    We have two AN515-43 although with the Nvidia 1650 GPU. one games fine, the other exhibits this behaviour. from testing it seems that the CPU on one system hits 97/98 degrees and gets throttled to 400mhz briefly to cool down and then resumes previous performance. rinse and repeat until frustration sets in. 
    I have ordered some thermal paste and am going to try and re-paste the problematic one as the other system peaks at around 90 to 92 degrees during the same gaming sessions with the same detail/graphics settings.

will report back if the re-paste resolves the issue when it turns up tomorrow
    Then probably mine must also be thermal throttling I'll wait for your results and get the thermal paste changed hopefully it fixes this issue.
  • Trundlore
    Trundlore Member Posts: 2 New User
    so far so good. re-paste has genuinely dropped temps during WoW sessions from mid 90's to mid 70's so far.
    more testing warranted mind you
  • Naveen70987
    Naveen70987 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Trundlore said:
    so far so good. re-paste has genuinely dropped temps during WoW sessions from mid 90's to mid 70's so far.
    more testing warranted mind you
    what is the exact product you used for thermal repasting
    please suggest i want to do it on my laptop cause its breathing really heavy even i play cartoon games :(