Acer Iconia A100 and A500 Failure to Boot

2»

Answers

• mehrzad666
    mehrzad666 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have bought A500...and after 1 year the acer logo comes up and then nothing....it freezed!...is the problem from motherboard?

is it a hardware issue or a software????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

[removed potentially hazardous script]

• billo
    billo Member Posts: 1 New User

My A500 will only boot to the android screen. I have done a hard reset, tried everything I have gotten from Google but nothing works. My A500 is not yet two  years old, other than sending it in for repair what can be done? I can buy a new one for the repair will cost or better yet buy an Ipad or other tablet.

• luweed
    luweed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Yes definitely buy another tablet I highly recommend this.
  • craftsman
    craftsman Member Posts: 2 New User

We have a small computer repair shop in southeast Wisconsin.  One woman brought in an Acer Iconia A100 that was about 1 1/2 years old but had recently shown the symtom of getting stuck on the start screen.  After we had looked at it for a few days and researched many of the comments on this forum, the tablet completely died.  Before we got to the point of pricing replacement mother boards for our customer, I told our customer about one post I had read on the forum.  One person reported that they went on the Acer Facebook page to complain about the rebooting problems (even though this person's tablet was out of the warranty period).  Well, our customer followed through on posting about her tablet problem (now completely dead following being stuck on the opening screen) and she was pleasantly surprised: Acer told her they would fix the tablet for free, even though it was out of the warranty period!  So, I guess that shows you that companies could really care less if customers complain on their technical forums (nerdy, boring, etc.), but when customers go to social media the big businesses give you whatever you want.

This discussion has been closed.