Aspire E15 HDD not detected by bios the Acer screen shows up, the "No bootable device" screen shows

Answers

• Hardik25
    Hardik25 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Is there any way to update bios using bootable USB I think it probably issues in bios
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If the HDD/SSD is not showing in the BIOS Information tab, there is a hardware issue, not BIOS firmware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BushwizardIT
    BushwizardIT Member Posts: 8 New User
    I have a similar issue on a Aspire A515-51-58d3
    I Legacy the HDD and M.2 are recognized but in UEFI thy are not recognized
  • JackE

That's probably because they're both MBR partitioned. They must be GPT partitioned for the UEFI mode BOOT tab to recognize them. They should however be recognized in both the UEFI and Legacy mode INFORMATION tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• desuu
    desuu Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Not necessarily. Remove the screw and the HDD door on the bottom. Then remove the screws on the HDD and re-seat it a few times to clean the contacts. You don't have to pull it completely out of the connector. Just pull in partly out then push it back in a few times. Jack E/NJ

Created a account for this but thanks a lot dude!
    Looks like the ol' gameboy trick works on a acer predator helios 300. I just reconnected the HDD a few time to the (SATA?) and it works well enough.
  • JackE
    Congrats, thanks for the report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jumong35
    Jumong35 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have also same issue here in my laptop
    I change the Boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, but it doesn't solve the issue
    Also, the HDD0 shows in BIOS but HDD1 says "None".
    What should I do?
  • JackE
    If the HDD doesn't appear in the BIOS Information tab, then it is not getting power. Laptop must stay in UEFI mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jumong35

Tinkerer

Still doesn't work
  • Jumong35

Tinkerer

I mean HDD0 appears in Information Tab but HDD1 says "None".
  • JackE
    Then HDD1 isn't connected or isn't detected by the BIOS or possibly has failed. Try to re-seat HDD1 connection to the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arie23
    arie23 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hello, i have a Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G that doesn't boot anymore. When I boot it says No Bootable Device and in Bios the HDD (SSD 256 GB) is not recognized, it says none voor hdd0 an hdd1. I reseated the ssd but it was only once recognized and then not anymore. I'm afraid there's a problem with the ssd. I tried Legacy but that didn't help. Before it broke down I had a problem with the computer stopping 2 / 3 times a day after which I had to restart. Probably it's damaged. Could I maybe still save the documents it by connecting it to another laptop with a hard drive disk enclosure?
  • JackE
    edited September 2020
    >>>I reseated the ssd but it was only once recognized and then not anymore. I'm afraid there's a problem with the ssd. I tried Legacy >>>

Stay in UEFI mode!!! Legacy mode may further corrupt the SSD. Is this a 2.5" SSD or m.2 SSD card? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arie23
    Thanks for your answer. I thinks it's am.2 ssd card.
  • JackE
    >>> I reseated the ssd >>>

Did it look like one of the two m.2 cards below? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arie23
    yes, , like the one above

• JackE
    OK. Remove it again. Then gently wipe its gold-plated contacts with a soft cloth. Then firmly seat it in the mainboard socket at an angle and momentarily push it down but don't insert the screw. Let it pop up. Then remove it again. Do this a half dozen or so times to clean the mainboard socket too. Then screw it down and test it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arie23
    I did as you told but no succes, still no bootable device and no hdd in bios. When i push F9 and then F10 it shows Acer on the screen but it never gets past that screen.
  • JackE
    >>>Could I maybe still save the documents it by connecting it to another laptop with a hard drive disk enclosure? >>>

Yes, you can use a cheap simple m.2 usb adapter like the one shown below. No enclosure needed. But I fear that the SSD may have either a broken solder connection or chip failure since it is not detected in the BIOS Information tab. If it's also not detected with the USB adapter, then it may be possible to try a solder reflow if it's a broken solder joint. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arie23
    Thanks for your very clear advice, I will try with that m.2 usb adapter. Hope that solder reflow is not necessary, is it something i could try myself, never did soldering?