Aspire ES17 Not Booting!

JOE123
JOE123 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a ~1 year old Acer Aspire ES17 (ES1-732-C2B8) that stopped booting (of course, it's just out of warranty)!!!  On power up, the green "acer" logo is displayed, but then it hangs there (even before the white "explore beyond limits" part of the logo shows up.  From various other posts, I have tried using the battery reset pinhole to drain power, but that made no difference.  I can get into BIOS with F2, but other suggestions of <Alt>-F10 and F12 don't seem to be available on my laptop.

Any suggestions of what to try next?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Are you able to access the bios and check if the hdd or ssd appear on the information tab and if windows boot manager appears on the boot tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JOE123
    Yes, I was able to use F2 to get to the 'InsydeH2O Setup Utility' and the Windows Boot Manager & HDD show up in the list of boot priorities.
  • Try disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive. Is the bootmode in uefi?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JOE123
    UPDATE: Sorry about the delayed answer, but after about a day of being stuck on the Acer logo, the laptop magically booted!?  It then ran normally for ~2 weeks with several reboots, Windows Updates, etc. until last night when it auto-shutdown and is now stuck on the "Acer" logo again on power up.
    To answer your previous question: Yes, the Boot Mode is UEFI.   Are there other boot options or priority orders that I should try?
  • Try disabling fastboot in the bios and fast startup in the power options.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JOE123
    I don't see any options for FastBoot in the F2 configuration menus (and I assume the power settings are in Windows, but since the system doesn't boot, I can't get to them).  And there doesn't seem to be any way to change UEFI to Legacy BIOS on this version.  If I try to use F12 to get to the Boot Manager then I get a blue Recovery screen with Error 0xc000000f but none of the options on that screen seem to do anything -- the blue screen just stays up for another minute and then the system auto-powers-off.  Any other suggestions?

• Have you checked if the same problem occurs when disconnecting the ram and hdd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JOE123
    I have disconnected & reconnected the HDD but I get the same thing.  I have not done anything with the RAM yet.  Are you saying to pull them all together and try rebooting or just disconnect & reconnect and then try again?
  • Can you check whether hdd or ssd appears in the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JOE123
    Yes, the Toshiba HDD shows up on the Information page of the <F2> BIOS (InsydeH20 Setup Utility).

P.S. I tried removing and reinstalling the RAM, but that made no difference -- still locking up the 'acer' logo after powering up.

• JOE123
    UPDATE: I pulled the Toshiba HDD, connected it as a USB drive to a different laptop, and it showed up as an unreadable RAW drive.  So I guess somehow the OEM HDD had gotten corrupted?  I installed a new Seagate 1TB drive in the ES17 and did a fresh Windows 10 installation (booting to a USB flash drive built with the Media Creation tool).  So the laptop is up and running again, but now it is a completely wiped machine that I need to reconfigure...
  • Can you check the health of your hard drive with the crystaldiskinfo program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer