Is it safe to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create bootable flash drive?

PrakM
PrakM Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I am planning to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Aspire Laptop (3 month old), replacing my oem version of windows along with the bloatwares and acer care Centre. But I am afraid whether my Nvidia Graphics card would start to glitch or the drivers would start to malfunction.
So, can I be certain that if I install GeForce experience after the clean install, I will retain my license and all the drivers functionality?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    PrakM said:
    @StevenGen
    Thanks for that. I did a clean install and windows installed rest of the required drivers (Nvidia Graphics Driver, Intel drivers and so on...) for me. Seemed pretty easy, except for the fact that I have to reinstall Acer quick access, for re-enabling the On-Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock Indicator [seemed to be bound to the inbuilt keyboard]. My digital license was activated and OneDrive sync started up immediately.
    Now then, is it necessary to reinstall GeForce Experience or Acer Care Centre? Both of them seemed to be pretty useless to me, given that my Graphics Card is already working (not too sure about the stability, it would take time to reinstall my stuff from Steam)…

As far as “is it necessary to reinstall GeForce Experience or Acer Care Centre?” no that software is up to you but, make sure that the appropriate and latest Nvidia GeForce driver is installed for your GPU, check here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us for the latest driver.

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited September 2020
    PrakM said:
    I am planning to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Aspire Laptop (3 month old), replacing my oem version of windows along with the bloatwares and acer care Centre. But I am afraid whether my Nvidia Graphics card would start to glitch or the drivers would start to malfunction.
    So, can I be certain that if I install GeForce experience after the clean install, I will retain my license and all the drivers functionality?

Win-10 Media Creation Tool is the best way to reinstall and install Win-10, make sure that you backup all your needed files before you do this! Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and Download tool now and make sure that you do this with your laptop pre installation of Win-10, as doing it with your laptop is the best way to download and make an installation boot USB of Win-10 as its the exact bios and format that your laptop has and it will ensure that the Win-10 installation USB will boot, it’s a very simple process! Also, make sure that you have a Microsoft account and/or you have the Win-10 key that came with your laptop so that you can activate your Win-10.

• PrakM
    PrakM Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@StevenGen
    Thanks for that. I did a clean install and windows installed rest of the required drivers (Nvidia Graphics Driver, Intel drivers and so on...) for me. Seemed pretty easy, except for the fact that I have to reinstall Acer quick access, for re-enabling the On-Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock Indicator [seemed to be bound to the inbuilt keyboard]. My digital license was activated and OneDrive sync started up immediately.
    Now then, is it necessary to reinstall GeForce Experience or Acer Care Centre? Both of them seemed to be pretty useless to me, given that my Graphics Card is already working (not too sure about the stability, it would take time to reinstall my stuff from Steam)…
  • StevenGen
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    PrakM said:
    @StevenGen

As far as “is it necessary to reinstall GeForce Experience or Acer Care Centre?” no that software is up to you but, make sure that the appropriate and latest Nvidia GeForce driver is installed for your GPU, check here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us for the latest driver.