How to reactivate my windows

RishabhAditya
RishabhAditya Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I updated windows 10 on my laptop and afterwards found out that my windows is not activated.
I ran the troubleshoot and it displayed that windows have found a product key and will now restart .Even after restarting nothing changed.
Watched a tutorial to view my product key from command prompt,retreived it but still windows does not seem to recognize it.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    I updated windows 10 on my laptop and afterwards found out that my windows is not activated.
    I ran the troubleshoot and it displayed that windows have found a product key and will now restart .Even after restarting nothing changed.
    Watched a tutorial to view my product key from command prompt,retreived it but still windows does not seem to recognize it.

Firstly, any tutorial for a Win-10 key does not work, as most of them give you a default key that is default for Win-10 Pro that is xx7xx-xxHxx-xx7xx-xxPxx-3V66T or another default key for Win-10 Home, that need to be verified and digitally activated by Microsoft anyway once you connect to the web! I’ve got 2 that give that key 1 that gives another different key. The only way that Microsoft registers and is still a valid way, is if you have an older key of Win-8.0 or 8.1 which Microsoft still validates and gives you a digital license for Win-10 Home or Pro linked to your Microsoft account.

Have you got an official Win-10 key that camewith your laptop? As that is one way of activating your Win-10 or have you go a Microsoft Account e.g. a hotmail.com or outlook.com or registered a Microsoft account? As and when you purchased your laptop you must have gotten a key or registered Win-10 details as all Win-10 need to be registered through Microsoftt to be active.

Activating Win-10 needs you to either have an originalWin-10 key or activating Win-10 through Microsoft that has your details and activates Win-10 with an activation that says “Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account” (see caption below) and if you click on “Learn more”  it will take you to “Activate Windows 10” here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activate?ocid=ActivationSettingsLearnMore then you will be instructed exactly what you have done wrong and what to do, simple.