No Bootable Device Aspire 5 A515-54G-75AH

jack29
jack29 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I am having an issue with my Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-75AH. When it powers on the acer logo then appears then No Bootable Device appears, when i got into the BIOS under information it shows:

HDD0 Model Name: None
HDD0 Serial Number: None
HDD1 Model Name: None
HDD1 Serial Number: None

It gets stuck like this for a period of time and then randomly boots up fine normally again. Its currently working fine now but im conscious it may do this again as it has done several times over the last few days.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Doesn't sound too serious, You probably only need to re-seat the HDD ribbon cable (or SSD) a half dozen or so times to clean its contacts with the mainboard socket. Just unplug the charger, remove the screws from the base cover and pry it apart with your fingernails or credit card starting from the bottom. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. The 2.5" HDD or SSD ribbon cable can be re-seated by pulling and pushing on its connectors without actually removing the drive or completely separating the connectors. If you instead have an m.2 SSD boot card, just remove its single screw holding it down to the mainboard and pull it out, push it back in while pushing it down toward the mainboard a few times.     Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jack29
    jack29 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much for the quick reply, I will give that a try and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Jack