Aspire VN7-791G loud fan

Leoscar13
Leoscar13 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello everyone, since quite a while I'm experiencing a very weird issue with my Aspire VN7-791G. I'm french but can't find the french forum, so I'll just try here.

Basically since a few month the fans of my laptop started doing a lot of noise, I owned the laptop for 2 years and so I knew it was time to clean it, I opened it very carefully and used cold, pressurized air to clean the dust. The noise stopped for a few month but restarted then. Since that day I have this issue: It is entirely random, it's very rare, but sometimes when I turn on my computer it just goes super loud after less than a minute. Turning it off and waiting three hours approximatly fixes the issue. Until it does it again another day.

It always does it when I enter my session at first, but only like 10 second and it then stops and everything is fine, however rarely the noise never stops, and comes with greatly lowered performances. Then the fans become loud as soon as I'm able to type my password upon restarting.

I don't know what to do, no one seem to have this issue, the temperature is normal, and doesn't matter! I turn off my computer every night, and the morning when I turn it on (so it can't be hot) it just starts being loud for no reasons, I used Avira antivirus and Anti-malwarebites and they both found nothing. I have barely any program launching upon strating the laptop (the only heavy one is my antivirus).

I updated everything (bios, patches, drivers, everything) aivable here and it did nothing, I use Nvidia Ge force to update my 850M. I use last W10 update/

https://www.acer.com/ac/fr/FR/content/support-product/5615?b=1&pn=NX.MQSEF.009

Now I'm planning to buy soon a true gaming PC, so this won't be an issue for long, but until I can afford it, I'd like to be able to use a computer I paid 700 euro for without issue. I contacted the french support and they told me that I could send the laptop for repair, but not only I'll have to pay 30 euro because I burned the garantee by opening and cleaning the laptop, but I'm pretty sure it will not change anything.

Now if anyone knows anything about that, writting it would be greatly appreciated, I never heard of any issue like this before, I could limit the fans with Speedfan (since temperature is more than OK) but I don't know how to set it up. I use this computer for gaming, sometimes playing games this computer can barely run, but there hasn't been any issue while playing so far, only randomly upon strating it.

Thanks.

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    If it gets loud for a few seconds to a minute and then goes quiet, I don't think there is anything wrong for now. I don't know exactly how loud they sound unless you post a video. So I am going to assume that it's only normal behaviour and the fans are speeding up on their own for some genuine reason.
    But a video link would be really good.
  • Leoscar13
    Leoscar13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Guys this is a post I made in 2017. But since I'm here:
    I could never fix the problem, which was a non issue since I'm only very rarely using the laptop anymore (using a tower now). Still I fairly recently, in hope of using the laptop for professionnal use, did a fresh install of Windows since I'm not using it much anyway and while I have yet to use it for long, it seems to have fixed whatever wasn't working.