I have an Acer Inspire SWS-012 and it is not resetting!

AlexHQ
AlexHQ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm on Windows 8.1 and when I try to reset my pc from the settings, it states that there is a problem and it won't let me reset. Then, why I try using the Alt + 10 method and try to reset from the Troubleshoot menu, this screen pops up. I don't have original box for this pc and I don't have any installation media. I'm not sure what to do, I just want to reset this acer pc.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Likely during one of the larger OS updates Microsoft removed the factory image, since it was older than the currently installed OS. Your best bet is probably to download the W8.1 image from Microsoft from another machine and use that to create an install flash drive. Reinstall the OS from there and download any missing drivers from the Acer support site. It might be worthwhile to do the reinstall from a W10 image instead, and let the W8.1 key that's in your BIOS to be used for the upgrade. W8.1 only has about a year left in it's life before MS drops support for it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.