Acer Chromebook Spin 713 CP713-2W compatibility with Google Play and Android Apps

DanjoTheBanjo
DanjoTheBanjo Member Posts: 4 New User
I've just bought an Acer Chromebook Spin 713 CP713-2W - but for some reason I can't seem to connect to Google Play store or download and install Android apps.

Does anyone know if this laptop is compatible with Android apps/Google Play store?

I've looked into updating the version of ChromeOS adn it says that it's up to date and that there are no available updates.

Any help appreciated.

Answers

• patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I have the Model Spin 713 CP713-2W-5874. Play Store loads fine and I just downloaded an app to make sure it was working. It was. If it were me, and I had no idea what the problem is, and I don't, I'd do a Powerwash and start over. For me, a Powerwash is not a big deal.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Double check that you are signed in to your Google account, the Play Store doesn't allow much without being signed in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanjoTheBanjo
    DanjoTheBanjo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks everyone. Yes, the email account used to sign into Google on the device was part of a G-Suite organisation. I needed to sign into my G Suite account as the administrator and give this particular account access to Google Play and permissions to use Android Apps.
  • Rocky_5ingh
    Rocky_5ingh Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi has anyone experienced problems with the recent chrome os update affecting certain android apps?

Some apps are just showing a blank screen and some apps wont even get an internet connection.

Thanx
  • patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I haven't but I don't have any game apps. 
  • joseph2023
    joseph2023 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Spin 713 running Chrome 107, which is managed by our organization, of which I am the administrator. The Acer's menu says:

Google Play Store <building> [ Turn on ]

Which seems to indicate that it is turned on. Our Google account says that Google Play is on for all users.

I can't get into Google Play. Any suggestions?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Take a picture of that instead of trying to do an ASCII image. It looks to me like the [ Turn on ] is a button that will enable Google Play store for your users, and it's off right now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.