Does the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-56X0 support 144hz display?

MiniSuperTiger
MiniSuperTiger Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-52-56X0) and I am wondering about buying a 144hz monitor and connecting it via HDMI, but I am not sure the Nitro supports this.

The model number is NH.Q3MEH.003.
The GPU is a GTX 1050.
The CPU is Intel Core i5-8300H
Operating system is Windows 10

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @MiniSuperTiger
    The 1050 Ti is designed to be a budget option for ~60fps 1080p gaming. Of course, if you play older or less demanding games on it you can achieve higher framerates but that's not what it was designed for. So, as always, it depends on what games you intend to play.

Hope this answer helps you.
  • MiniSuperTiger
    MiniSuperTiger Member Posts: 2 New User
    ragsak28 said:
    Hi @MiniSuperTiger
    The 1050 Ti is designed to be a budget option for ~60fps 1080p gaming. Of course, if you play older or less demanding games on it you can achieve higher framerates but that's not what it was designed for. So, as always, it depends on what games you intend to play.

Hi @ragsak28

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the GTX 1050 ti you are talking about, I have the regular GTX 1050. Also, I don't mean the framerate, I am wondering if I play Rocket League on the Nitro and use an HDMI cable to watch it on a monitor, with 144 hz refresh rate, if that will work with the Nitro, or if it caps at something like 60hz or 120.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @MiniSuperTiger

Absolutely, BUT your computer can only display 144hz with a DP cable. I’m not sure, but if I remember correctly HDMIs are only capable up to 120hz. Check your laptop to see if you have a DP output port.