Werd noise wont start aspire X3900

Ramzy
Ramzy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
My PC aspire X3900 is making a werd noise its Like peep peeppeep an my PC dont start pleas Simeon help me 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The beeping means that the PC discovers an error during POST. The amount of beeps and their duration is an error code that tells you where the error could be.

I suggest you to turn off the PC and disconnect it from the power and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. After around 2 minutes put the CMOS battery back and turn on the PC. If that doesn't work, remove the RAM modules, clean the contacts with a dry cloth and put them back again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The beeping means that the PC discovers an error during POST. The amount of beeps and their duration is an error code that tells you where the error could be.

I suggest you to turn off the PC and disconnect it from the power and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. After around 2 minutes put the CMOS battery back and turn on the PC. If that doesn't work, remove the RAM modules, clean the contacts with a dry cloth and put them back again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• stereolith
    stereolith Member Posts: 1 New User
    acer website and the community site are the worst sites i have ever seen. it is not possible to get an support or to contact the acer guys. terrible. :'( never again, i will buy a acer device!!!! :'(:'(:'(
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @stereolith

Acer's website is not good, but at least Acer has this Acer Community section for peer-to -peer communication that people can help each other.
    Can you start a new thread and tell others what problem that you have? See other people can help. Actually there are some Acer employees monitoring this community.