My Aspire Desktop Freezes when using it

DaveKane
DaveKane Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have had my Acer Aspire T desktop for four years. It has freezed up since I bought it. Lately it has gotten worse. I bought a ssd harddrive and put it in, plus I loaded a new version of windows 10. It still freezes up. It mostly does this when I am using it. It will also do it when it is in standby mode too. I assume it is my motherboard. Any ideas. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @DaveKane
    Intermittent problems are usually hard to diagnose. Have you tried to unseat and reconnect all connectors. I'll pay more attention at the memory stick, make sure the latch is close and you hear a click when you insert the memory stick. It will be good that you can have another memory stick to test it. SATA data connectors will come loose easily (unless you have a clip with the cable), I'll pay attention to it too.
    Since you had the problem from day one,if problem persists, motherboard is likely be the culprit .
  • DaveKane

Tinkerer

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. I will give anything a try. I will go into my computer and take out the memory put it back in and then check the connectors also. Again thank you for your help. Dave
  • ttttt
    @DaveKane

Oh, one thing I want to ask you is have you ever update your PC's BIOS 

Sometimes unexplained hardware problems can be solved with a BIOS update.

• DaveKane

Tinkerer

I have not updated my BIOS. Not sure how to do that. I am willing to try. Thanks! Dave
  • ttttt
    @DaveKane
    1) At the right side panel of this page, under Assistance by Acer , click Drivers & Manuals
    2) Find the model number of your PC
    3) Go to the BIOS Firmware section
    4) Download the BIOS version that you want. Through the years there may be several versions
        Some people say only download the version that you want, but I'll download all that applied to my PC.
        People  had problems with their PC, reported to the hardware company, the experts worked on that, thus the BIOS update came out.
    5) Start with the BIOS date closest to the date that you acquired your PC, click on the  zip file to decompress it, there may be multiple folders
    6)  See if there is an Appendix folder or similar folder with instructions
    7)  Read instructions carefully and follow that step by step. If there is a Win 10 method, that will be easiest. 

• DaveKane

Tinkerer

Awesome, thank you so much. I will try that this weekend when I have plenty of time.