Nitro 5 AN515-44-R44J bios update

enesuzun2002
enesuzun2002 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
There is a new bios version v1.02. I want to know if this bios version supports all AN515-44 model laptops as there are models with ryzen 5 and ryzen 7. Would it brick my motherboard or is it safe to update?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, if you think it will benefit you, you can update the BIOS, it's released by Acer and it's for all AN515-44 models but I can not say whether it will brick your laptop or not, it's the risk you have to consider when updating BIOS, if you take appropriate precaution it will be safe.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8365?b=1
    These are the precautions:
    1.Uninstall any third party AV programs installed.
    2.Turn off any background programs or applications.
    3. Make sure that the battery is fully charged and do not remove the AC adapter during the update.
    4.Make sure that there won't be any power cuts in your area(this doesn't depend on you).
    5. Download the BIOS zip file from Acer support site and save it in Desktop.
    6.Close all opened tabs, extract the zip file to Desktop.
    7.Right click Setup.exe and select "Run as Admin".
    8. Follow the prompts on screen, once the process starts, walk away from the laptop, do not touch any buttons or switch off the laptop during the update process.
    Hope for the best.

Answers

• enesuzun2002
    anyone help?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, if you think it will benefit you, you can update the BIOS, it's released by Acer and it's for all AN515-44 models but I can not say whether it will brick your laptop or not, it's the risk you have to consider when updating BIOS, if you take appropriate precaution it will be safe.
    3. Make sure that the battery is fully charged and do not remove the AC adapter during the update.
    4.Make sure that there won't be any power cuts in your area(this doesn't depend on you).
    8. Follow the prompts on screen, once the process starts, walk away from the laptop, do not touch any buttons or switch off the laptop during the update process.
    Hope for the best.
  • enesuzun2002
    Hi,
    Hope for the best.
    Thanks, i will try it after it gets charged fully and tell the result.
  • archidag
    archidag Member Posts: 9 New User
    I need v1.01 bios to downgrade from v1.02, I have the issue that nvme ssd is not detecting by bios.