Should I undervolt my laptop? triton 300 PT315-51( i5 - 9300H)

cdsdt07
cdsdt07 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop temps when
IDLE:
CPU: 50-53
GPU: Not in use
SYSTEM: 50-53

GAMING:
CPU: 70-86 sometimes goes up to 90-92 just for a second then goes back to much lower temps
GPU: 67-73 (not sure about the temp of this exactly but I can say this is the range and goes higher for some games)
SYSTEM: not so sure about the temps as I don't see it often while gaming because I'm looking at the cpu and gpu temps

based on the temps that I'm getting should I undervolt the laptop or is it not needed?

Best Answer

• Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It's not necessary, but it wouldn't hurt if you do it (unless you do it too much where you loose performance or have stability issues).
    There's probably no thermal throttling in your case, but undervolting can give lower avg temps.
    But that depends if that game/the range of games you play or softwares you use stress both your CPU and GPU to their limits.
    If you decide to do it, use ThrottleStop and not Intel XTU as it gets over written by Predator Sense.

Answers

• Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It's not necessary, but it wouldn't hurt if you do it (unless you do it too much where you loose performance or have stability issues).
    There's probably no thermal throttling in your case, but undervolting can give lower avg temps.
    But that depends if that game/the range of games you play or softwares you use stress both your CPU and GPU to their limits.
    If you decide to do it, use ThrottleStop and not Intel XTU as it gets over written by Predator Sense.
  • cdsdt07
    cdsdt07 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

oh okay okay thanks! will keep that in mind.