Overheating even after repaste!!!!

Mohit369
Mohit369 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
hello every one I have nitro 5 with ryzen 5 3350 h with rx560x gpu. I was facing overheating and thermal throttling issues. Cpu temps use to go above 90°c. Today I repaste with kryonaut, it helped in some way as there is zero thermal throttling while gaming but still i am facing heating issues, temps goes around 85°c!!! 😩 I even got cleaned all the dust!! Any suggestions what can i do next. 

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Give the paste a few cycles of heating and cooling and check if it improves, if not then either you didn`t re-paste correctly or the paste is bad e.g. not stored accordingly and so on.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Mohit369

Tinkerer

@batmalin the paste is genuine as I ordered from amazon by checking all the reviews about it and about the seller as well. But yes i think I should give it some cycles, but paste was applied correctly by the technician i saw it. 
  • Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Make sure the thermal pads are placed correctly around the dies, they don't do much in cooling but they are of specific thickness which can offset the mounting pressure giving rise to uneven contacts.
  • Mohit369

Tinkerer

@trumpmania666 bro the thing is I even tried undervolting by using ryzen controller, I set my temp to 75. I don't know why I am still getting 91 °c. Just see this pic