Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 won't turn on no light.

Answers

• Omeira
    Omeira Member Posts: 4 New User
    I had lost my switch 10 SW5-012 charger two years ago and I found it now, it doesn't show the LED light neither is it switching on, what am I supposed to do? Please help I need to attend my classes.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Omeira you should start your own thread so you can indicate that it's been solved when appropriate. If your computer has been sitting for two years in a discharged state then there's a good chance the battery has failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Omeira
    billsey said:
    @Omeira you should start your own thread so you can indicate that it's been solved when appropriate. If your computer has been sitting for two years in a discharged state then there's a good chance the battery has failed.
    In that case, what's the option left?

• billsey
    Replace the battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Omeira
    billsey said:
    Replace the battery.
    But where do I find the battery?
  • billsey
    The battery is internal to the computer. If you aren't fully comfortable in tearing it apart it's likely best to find a local technician to do that for you.
  • Omeira
    billsey said:
    The battery is internal to the computer. If you aren't fully comfortable in tearing it apart it's likely best to find a local technician to do that for you.
    Yeah that's alright but where do I find another battery? 
  • billsey
    The Acer part number for your battery is KT.0020G.004. Search on that and you should be able find some.