Window 10 ACER. hard drive formated.

MAMATIT
MAMATIT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer with window 10 was formatted now when you turn on after ACER log nothing happens,  how to go about to restore the computer back

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, that works by aborting the Windows load three times in a row. Since you aren't doing a Windows load it doesn't work. The key is going to be to get into the BIOS to allow booting from something other than the drive, and Cloudready is designed to not allow a user to do that. It's a security feature of the OS that can be quite painful for a user who's trying to get away from their OS. If you can remove the drive you can fix it fairly easily by removing CR on a different computer, but if your drive is an eMMC then you can't remove it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    If windows was delete then you have to reinstall windows 10 again or if you have back up of windows you can install though back up
  • billsey
    Yes, you can use aa different computer to create the Windows 10 install image on a flash drive, then boot using the flash drive to reinstall Windows. When it's installed it will use the original key for validation.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MAMATIT
    MY computer is ACER Spin 1 (SP111-33 C0Y0) model number N18H1
    I have situation where I have windows 10 wiped out and cloudready was installed.  Now I am trying to get back windows 10 reinstall, one of the step is to change boot sequence, but cloudready computer does not show usb option on boot sequences, it only shows 1. linpus lite, 2. cloudready,  how do I get cloudready to see usb on boot sequence? or how do I get windows 10 reinstalled.  I have created windows 10 bootable USB.

• MAMATIT said:
    MY computer is ACER Spin 1 (SP111-33 C0Y0) model number N18H1
    I have situation where I have windows 10 wiped out and cloudready was installed.  Now I am trying to get back windows 10 reinstall, one of the step is to change boot sequence, but cloudready computer does not show usb option on boot sequences, it only shows 1. linpus lite, 2. cloudready,  how do I get cloudready to see usb on boot sequence? or how do I get windows 10 reinstalled.  I have created windows 10 bootable USB.

Try this first, this method will access the recovery environment(s):

1. Turn on your PC.
    2. As soon as the Acer logo appears on your screen, press the power button. (This will immediately interrupt the boot sequence.)
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 two times.
    4. After the third interruption, Windows 10 will open into the Advanced Startup environment, and then you can continue with the steps below to use the Startup Repair tool to fix booting issues with Windows 10.

• MAMATIT
    please note that the computer right now is running on cloudyready, I tried it and seems not to work unless I am doing something wrong :(
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, that works by aborting the Windows load three times in a row. Since you aren't doing a Windows load it doesn't work. The key is going to be to get into the BIOS to allow booting from something other than the drive, and Cloudready is designed to not allow a user to do that. It's a security feature of the OS that can be quite painful for a user who's trying to get away from their OS. If you can remove the drive you can fix it fairly easily by removing CR on a different computer, but if your drive is an eMMC then you can't remove it.