Swift SF314 Overheating when Charging

Lewis54321
Lewis54321 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi there,

I have one of the ultra-thin series SF314-55G laptops.

I have no problems with overheating when not charging with core temperatures rarely exceeding 70 degrees even under fairly heavy loads (temperature recordings made using core temp)

When it's plugged in however it will oscillate up to over 90 doing nothing and over sit at above 90 under light load (youtube only for instance), getting upto about 96 degrees.

I appreciate that there is often extra heat caused by charging due to more optimal settings when running directly from mains (and extra heating from charging?) but this seems crazy and the performance I have in the laptop just on battery is fine for me so I'd rather just keep it like this and not slowly burn out my components.

Tests I have made recently to test the problem:
o Tried a replacement charger but same problem
o Dual booted my laptop to run ubuntu, on ubuntu there is a slight increase in temp when charging but on 5 degrees or so nothing like on windows
o Updated all the drivers possible in device manager
o Changed everything I could think of in windows power settings to lower consumption

From this testing I can only assume it is something to do with a dodgy driver or incompatibility issues but I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Edited the content to hide personal information.
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Einsteiniu
    Einsteiniu Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hello there,

I also encounter this problem on a Swift SF314-55. Laptop gets really hot on the right side where the charging port is while the laptop is charging and doing nothing else, CPU actually being mostly idle.

Acer, can you please look into this issue? It really gets me worried that something will eventually burn inside.

Thank you.
  • Jtchar
    Jtchar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem
  • Matt13
    Matt13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Because these Laptops have such a high battery life, I find myself charging mostly at night with the laptop closed. Because the fan/vent is located on the underside of the computer, I would recommend placing the computer (gently) upside down to allow the vent to breathe. If you have an old heat sink, you could also place it next to the vent to help disperse some heat **DO NOT BLOCK THE VENT** If you have to use the laptop while it is charging, people will sometimes use an old egg carton to prop their laptop on (To help with ventilation and circulation of air). Hope this helps!!
  • ADHISH
    ADHISH Member Posts: 1 New User
    SAME ISSUE
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    ADHISH said:
    SAME ISSUE
    Please share the model number of your unit. Also, requesting you to elaborate the issue
  • Muhammad25
    Muhammad25 Member Posts: 3 New User
    same issue, pleaseee acer , my swift got this issue too