After updating bios boot order keep changing

Dev369
Dev369 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I upgrade from hdd to ssd and i clone windows 10 from hdd to ssd , then when i am update my bios from 1.09 to 1.10, boot order changes automatically , and windows 10 update installation always  failed , what can i do for this problem ? 

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Dev369 said:
    How to remove windows 10 from hdd

Use a USB to SATA adaptor which you used to clone HDD to SSD. As you cant have the Win-10 on the SSD and HDD as they conflict, once you format your old spinner HDD to MBR/Legacy this will not happen.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Do you still have both the SSD and HDD installed? Try booting from only the SSD and then remove the excess partitions from the HDD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dev369
    After restarting the computer boot order keep changing , i always changing it from hdd to ssd , windows 10 update is not installing after migrate os, 
  • Dev369
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Dev369 said:

Use a USB to SATA adaptor which you used to clone HDD to SSD. As you cant have the Win-10 on the SSD and HDD as they conflict, once you format your old spinner HDD to MBR/Legacy this will not happen.

• Dev369
    After cloning and cleaning windows 10 from hdd , then updating bios boot order keep changing and a windows file always remaining on hdd.is there  Any other option to change boot priority from d drive to c drive 
  • Dev369
    edited September 2020
    When i restarting the computer the boot order changing from c drive to previous windows 10 installed drive , i delete windows 10 from d drive then again installing bios 1.10 and after bios update a screen appears on my pc which only have 3 options like shut down , recover using usb and reset, then i click on shut down then again I open the pc and press F2 and go into bios setting and again changing it from d drive to c drive. After that whenever I restarting my pc it always changing the boot order from c to d drive and again i will do the same process which i have already mention in above paragraph , what i will for this type of problem , is there any other option to fix it?
    Thank you for reading ♥️♥️♥️
  • billsey
    Which computer do you have? Can you show us what Disk Management shows for the two drives?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dev369
    here is the disk management
  • billsey
    OK, your clone didn't work right. Disk 1 should have a 100MB EFI partition that's exactly the same as the 100MB EFI partition on disk 0. It should also have the recovery partition duplicated as well. Redo the clone from disk 0 to disk 1 such that only the system drive is resized and all three partitions are created. Once you see that is correct open up and disconnect the HDD then boot. You should come up and boot from the SSD without issues. If that is successful you can reinstall the HDD and use Disk Manager to remove all three partitions and create one data partition that covers the whole disk.
  • Dev369
    i fixed it just  by another way , i know when i opening PC boot order is going to change , before going to home screen i change the boot order, now it is fixed , i don't know how it works , but it works for me.