Why does my laptop's power light blinks very quickly in stand by mode? A315-41-R97J

RazaCrew
RazaCrew Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2020 in Aspire Laptops
The power light color is normal in stand by mode (amber) and I have no problem booting and using my laptop, but the blink rate in stand by mode is not normal (faster than usual). Oddly, if I charge my laptop during that stand by mode, the blinking rate goes back to normal. If I remove the charger, it blinks faster again.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Does the SAME problem occur when restarting the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RazaCrew

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Does the SAME problem occur when restarting the battery?
    Thank you for your reply. My laptop model is A315-41-R97J. And yes the same problem still occur after restarting the internal battery. I still can use my laptop normally though, but the fast-blinking power light during stand by is really bothering me. I am also afraid that it is some kind of symptom of something worse. Are there any other ways to fix this? Thanks
  • Can you download the hwinfo64 program and check the battery wear? Also, does the same problem occur when upgrading the bios to version 1.18?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RazaCrew

Tinkerer

Can you download the hwinfo64 program and check the battery wear? Also, does the same problem occur when upgrading the bios to version 1.18?

Thanks for the reply. hwinfo64 shows that my battery wear level is 26.6%. And, yes my BIOS Version is 1.18 and the problem is still there. Is it the wear level that is causing this problem?
  • Have you tried to calibrate the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

Have you tried to calibrate the battery?
    Yes I have. Still not solving the problem :( I am really confused right now.
  • What is the level of wear after calibrating the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

What is the level of wear after calibrating the battery?
    I did the battery wear checking using hwinfo64 after I had conducted the calibration, so my battery wear level after calibration is 26.6%. Also, I have done some researching on the internet, and I didn't find anyone else with this same problem. Any more ideas to solve this problem? Thankyou.
  • Did the same problem occur when replacing the lithium battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

Did the same problem occur when replacing the lithium battery?
    I guess I can't know that for sure, because I see no reason to replace the battery yet. Although the power light still blinks strangely when in stand by mode, I still can use my Laptop normally and the battery is also fine. Also, I noticed the blinking has a pattern. It blinks 15 times in a fast rate and then followed by 1 blink in a normal rate, and it repeats in that pattern. Are there any power light blink codes or anything like that for Acer Aspire 3 products?   
  • n1kk
    n1kk Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

have the same problem here ASPIRE A315-42, is this problem solved?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

It didn't work. This solution is duplicate, please see earlier post.
  • RazaCrew

Tinkerer

n1kk said:
    have the same problem here ASPIRE A315-42, is this problem solved?

Nope. Still struggling to find the solution to this problem. Any help would be really appreciated :anguished:

• Have you checked the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

Have you checked the bios version?

Yes. My BIOS version is already the newest one.
  • Try uninstalling and deleting the AC adapter and battery driver through the device manager.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RazaCrew

Tinkerer

Try uninstalling and deleting the AC adapter and battery driver through the device manager.
    I have tried that, and the problem still exists
  • does your model have this button?
    Problema Bateria Notebook Aspire VX 15  Acer Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BakaInu87
    BakaInu87 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

So, has this problem been solved yet? I got the same problem with the same exact pattern today. As the OP mentioned, I can also still use my laptop perfectly fine.