Aspire A315-53 Keyboard not working

hikkikomori
hikkikomori Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi there, I would like some help with this issue.
My keyboard stopped working recently, and I've tried all the suggestions that I could find online.
  1. Filter Keys
  2. Restarting (including the pinhole battery reset)
  3. Uninstalling the driver and restarting the system
  4. Reinstalling Windows
Only the power button works right now, which is quite frustrating. Are there any other options that I can take to fix this before resorting to sending it off for repairs? Thanks.

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi hikkikomori

Completely reboot your laptop

The simplest fix to your keyboard issue is to reboot your Acer laptop completely. To do so:

1) Press and hold the power button of your laptop until the laptop is totally off.

2) Unplug the power cable and the battery from your laptop. 

3) Leave your laptop for a few seconds

4) Plug the power cable and the battery back to your laptop.

5) Power on your computer. Then check to see if this fixes your keyboard.

6) Tried to Enter into BIOS Using F2 Key

Method 2: Disable Filter Keys

Filter Keys is a feature that makes your keyboard ignore brief or repeated keystrokes. It sometimes lead to a laptop keyboard not working issue. You can try disabling Filter Keys to sort this issue out.

1) Click the Start menu (the Windows logo) at the bottom left of your screen. Then click Settings (in Windows 10) or Control Panel (in Windows 7).

Open Settings in Windows 10

2) Click Ease of Access.

3) Click Keyboard (in Windows 10) or Make the keyboard easier to use (in Windows 7).

Keyboard setting on Windows 10

Keyboard setting on Windows 7

4) Disable the Filter Keys function (switch off Filter Keys or uncheck Turn on Filter Keys).

5) Try your keyboard and see if disabling Filter Keys can restore your keyboard.

Update your keyboard driver by going Acer website

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • hikkikomori
    hikkikomori Member Posts: 2 New User
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi hikkikomori

Completely reboot your laptop

The simplest fix to your keyboard issue is to reboot your Acer laptop completely. To do so:

1) Press and hold the power button of your laptop until the laptop is totally off.

2) Unplug the power cable and the battery from your laptop. 

3) Leave your laptop for a few seconds

4) Plug the power cable and the battery back to your laptop.

5) Power on your computer. Then check to see if this fixes your keyboard.

6) Tried to Enter into BIOS Using F2 Key

Method 2: Disable Filter Keys

Filter Keys is a feature that makes your keyboard ignore brief or repeated keystrokes. It sometimes lead to a laptop keyboard not working issue. You can try disabling Filter Keys to sort this issue out.

1) Click the Start menu (the Windows logo) at the bottom left of your screen. Then click Settings (in Windows 10) or Control Panel (in Windows 7).

Open Settings in Windows 10

2) Click Ease of Access.

3) Click Keyboard (in Windows 10) or Make the keyboard easier to use (in Windows 7).

Keyboard setting on Windows 10

Keyboard setting on Windows 7

4) Disable the Filter Keys function (switch off Filter Keys or uncheck Turn on Filter Keys).

5) Try your keyboard and see if disabling Filter Keys can restore your keyboard.

Update your keyboard driver by going Acer website

Hi there, as per stated in my above post, I've already tried the above suggestions, but I tried them again anyway and they still do not work. I cannot access BIOS using the F2 key at all. Additionally, there is no driver for the keyboard in this link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/support-product/7676?b=1 .
  • jeka
    jeka Member Posts: 3 New User
    how can i reboot my laptop if my battery is built in and f2 keyboard not working?

• arifshifat
    arifshifat Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited May 2020
    Hello!

Hi there, I would like some help with this issue.
    My keyboard stopped working recently, and I've tried all the suggestions that I could find online.
    1. Filter Keys
    2. Restarting (including the pinhole battery reset)
    3. Uninstalling the driver and restarting the system
    4. Reinstalling Windows
    Only the power button works right now, which is quite frustrating. Are there any other options that I can take to fix this before resorting to sending it off for repairs? Thanks.

I Don't know if you’ve fixed your problem..
    But I'm having the same problem.. I've tried some ways to fix it but it won't work... 
    If you’ve fixed your problem can you please help me.... 😔😔       
  • topmitch
    topmitch Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi nothing works here. My aspire 315-53 keyboard also not responded suddenly when I tried to login.
    I tried all tutorials you can see here and on the net and nothing worked.
    I had to go to the service center in Singapore and they said that it is a hardware problem without explaining what it was. They gave me a price for repairing without having made a diagnostic which is pretty weird. After 3 hours with me waiting there and without telling me that the laptop was repaired I went to the counter and they came back with the laptop saying it was repaired and they had replaced the keyboard. Cost was the cost they had announced before.
    After I came home I wrote to their headquarters to complain because my laptop has only 15 months. Communication with them was miserable as they don’t seem to understand English. Finally some guy called me and told me it was a short circuit. They consider that sudden short circuits like this on product that has been used for barely 1 year are normal. I told them they had a problem with this aspire series because several people complain about the same problem across the net. I am going to escalate this now to Taiwan and then will go on the net to talk about them sending a defective series to the market without taking action
  • Shafin
    Shafin Member Posts: 1 New User
    topmitch said:
    hi nothing works here. My aspire 315-53 keyboard also not responded suddenly when I tried to login.
    I had to go to the service center in Singapore and they said that it is a hardware problem without explaining what it was. They gave me a price for repairing without having made a diagnostic which is pretty weird. After 3 hours with me waiting there and without telling me that the laptop was repaired I went to the counter and they came back with the laptop saying it was repaired and they had replaced the keyboard. Cost was the cost they had announced before.
    After I came home I wrote to their headquarters to complain because my laptop has only 15 months. Communication with them was miserable as they don’t seem to understand English. Finally some guy called me and told me it was a short circuit. They consider that sudden short circuits like this on product that has been used for barely 1 year are normal. I told them they had a problem with this aspire series because several people complain about the same problem across the net. I am going to escalate this now to Taiwan and then will go on the net to talk about them sending a defective series to the market without taking action
    Hi, I am facing the same problem. I just bought the laptop 5 days ago. All of a sudden my key board is not working. Only the power key is working.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Shafin said:
    topmitch said:
    Hi, I am facing the same problem. I just bought the laptop 5 days ago. All of a sudden my key board is not working. Only the power key is working.
    Hi,

Since, this is a old thread it may not get more attention to your issue here.

We suggest you to create a new topic by explaining your issue with the unit model name and one of your acer community members will help you.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • Sosman
    Sosman Member Posts: 1 New User
    My keyboard still doesn't work, none of the above helps. The only way I can use the computer is by plugging in a USB keyboard. This is the second Aspire I have had with this problem. I shan't buy Acer again.