Tutorial upgrade Predator Orion P3000

2»

Answers

• robs113
    robs113 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Went with a Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler.

I do not recommend trying this.  :/
    PIA to install and while it is quieter, it also now runs hotter.
    Prepar3d V5, FSLabs A320 - used to run about 80-85 deg, now 85-90+.
    Idle used to be about 45, now about 50.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That can be a drawback for this type of mod, one of the reasons the fan is quieter is that it moves less air at the same fan speed. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robs113
    robs113 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I put in an NH-D9L and now my CPU is running about 20 degrees cooler under heavy load!  :)

The case fans are the ones making noise, but if you keep the CPU cool the case fans don't have to ramp up and get load.

(confession: When I pulled the NH-L9i to replace it, I found my thermal compound application was very bad. It would probably work better than I experienced if installed better)
  • RedFrostBite
    RedFrostBite Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, I was wondering if I can add a aio water cooler/closed loop in the case? I was looking at 120mm ones since I know its a smaller case, I have the same desktop, predator orion 3000 po3-600, the one I was looking to put in was a cooler master, master liquid 120mm v2, thank you!
  • Denis14
    Denis14 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I changed the exhaust fan to a 92mm be quiet instead of the 80mm. Do you think this will improve the cooling ?
    Is there a way I can control this fan (it has PWM), on my predator sense it only shows the front fan ? Thanks 🙂
  • Faedis
    Faedis Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    Hello dr_bidine,
    Can I use something more powerful than the Cooler Master G100M in the Predator? I have the intel 9700, rtx 2060, 16gb ram, 512Gb ssd version.

The case fans I will use the same as you, the be quiet 92mm because of the automatic regulation issue with Noctua fans. Is it 92mm in front too?
  • KingMatrix81
    KingMatrix81 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is there any way that I could easily get the backplate off for the cpu cooler because I am upgrading to the cooler master but idk how to take the old backplate off
  • RealGuts
    RealGuts Member Posts: 5 New User
    dr_bidine said:
    Hello guys !!

I would to share with you, how to upgrade the Predator Orion P3000 Desktop.

Many many time to find what could fit into our small cases P3000.

So, the material compatible are :
    - EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming (instead of RTX 2070 blower)
    - EVGA 750W GQ (PSU)
    - Be Quiet 92mm PWM (instead of 80mm fan)
    - 2x 8gb RAM crucial same ref origin (32gb total)
    - Cooler Master G100M cpu fan (initially it was this model planned for our P3000 but Acer said no due to high budget)
    - Grizzly Kryonaut (thermal paste)
    - 1 adaptator sata/molex (for leds G100M)
    - 1 adaptator mini sata (for CD player with new psu) 

Next upgrade :
    - SSD 4to 
    - 4x16gb RAM higher frequency

Here are the results : 

[url=https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/16/k3yd.jpeg][img]https://zupimages.net/up/20/16/k3yd.jpeg[/img][/url]
    hello ! I have a ACER PREDATOR ORION 3000 PO3-630 and i have to change the ventirad but i cant fix the backplate at the back of the mother card because my box does not allow the access…
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The replacement coolers we tend to recomend here do not require removing the backplate. If you are stuck with one that does you have to pull the motherboard out in order to access the back. Be aware it's not easy to remove, they have some wicked sticky holding it in place. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.