XB271H Abmiprz White Screen issue.

Nyoldeeth
Nyoldeeth Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys I bought this XB271H Abmiprz monitor almost two years ago, today, while watching twitch, the screen just turned all white at once.

I've tried several potential fixes but nothing has worked.
What I've tried: (Things that I found on the internet)
- Booting in safe mode and restarting.
- Switching the monitor from DP to HDMI.
- Unplugging everything and pressing and holding the power button for 30 secs.

I have a second monitor and with it I confirmed that is not a driver or graphic card issue but the monitor itself, Windows recognizes the monitor correctly but the screen wont render anything but white.
If disconnected from the graphic card, the monitor still displays white, there's no "no signal".

Will try to contact support tomorrow to talk about Warranty as still is under it, but wanted to know if there's something I can do on my end to try and fix it.
Thanks a lot!.

Answers

• miceh
    miceh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Nyoldeeth

Had the same with my XB272 one Month after Warranty ended :angry:
    Made a call with Acer, sended it in and they said the panel is defect.
    No godwill from Acer. Costs me 219€ to repair :astonished:

Send it in as long you have a valid Warranty 
  • Nyoldeeth
    Update for those interested: After talking to support today it has been decided to take the monitor to a technician after all the coronavirus stuff / quarantine is over.
    Supposedly it will run on their end and will not cost me unless they found out that its physically damaged, which is not.
    So I'll wait untill 13 of Aprill and contact them again, will update again if I remember.
    PD: It has not been clear if I had to take the monitor somewhere or if they'll take care of it, but it seemed like the former.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that call is often up to the local support group, some countries they have you ship it in, some they allow you to take it in yourself.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nyoldeeth
    Update 2: Today the monitor reached to the technitians, I sent it to them through the mail, because of the lockdown, and it it's currently under revision to check if its repairable or not.
  • M1L0
    M1L0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Made an account just to post there, having the exact same problem starting last night on a standard XB271H that came with a TN panel.

I haven't torn mine to bits yet, but I can tell you already that it's an issue with the controller board.

• HipsterReed
    HipsterReed Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've got the same issue and it also happened to me one month after the warranty ended.. Following to see if anyone makes any progress with Acer.
  • miceh
    miceh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Still waiting for my repair  :/
    It's in the Acer repair center (Germany) since March 20.
    They are still waiting for the replacement parts .....
    Thanks Corona (and Acer....)
  • Matthew1290
    Matthew1290 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with my Acer XF270H.  I took my monitor appart and extracted the "main board".  I've been looking everywhere for a replacement board.  No luck.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @Matthew1290 Do you have a part number for the main board, or are you searching on the model? I see a non-Acer part number of 756GQFCB0BA069000Q and no Acer specific number.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nyoldeeth
    Sorry guys I forgot to update:

Acer took care of the monitor they confirmed that the screen was broken and so they replaced that part with a new one, retested it and resent it back to me.

I only had to bring it back home from the post office but everything was ok and is still working great.

Thank you guys.