Reporting Unauthorized Use of My Email Address to Support

MListen01
MListen01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2020 in Welcome Forum
Hi, so I recently got an email saying that my email address had been used to register an Acer product. I definitely did not do that.

The email told me to contact support in my country if someone had used my email without my permission. However, upon looking over the support site, I found that there seems to be no way to get help without knowing the product details (something I obviously can't know). This is disappointing, especially because I was going where I was told to go.

I would like Acer's help to keep this person from using my email, please. As a user of a different Acer that was registered long before today, it would certainly help convince me not to go with someone else next time.

Comments

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    MListen01 said:
    Hi, so I recently got an email saying that my email address had been used to register an Acer product. I definitely did not do that.

The email told me to contact support in my country if someone had used my email without my permission. However, upon looking over the support site, I found that there seems to be no way to get help without knowing the product details (something I obviously can't know). This is disappointing, especially because I was going where I was told to go.

I would like Acer's help to keep this person from using my email, please. As a user of a different Acer that was registered long before today, it would certainly help convince me not to go with someone else next time.
    Sorry for the inconveniences MListen01, do you own an Acer product?
    Can you please send me a private message with a screenshot of the email or notification you received? 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny