Camera Not Working and getting error " 0xA00f4244 in Acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R

SamRK
SamRK Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,

I have Acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R Ryzen 5 laptop . My camera is not working and when I try to open camera app I am getting error " 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" . I have checked and tried to find drivers as I though drivers might be missing however not able to find one on acer site or google. Also, in device manager there is no camera showing in hardwares. I have tried different methods from YouTube and google however issue still not resolved. It would be great help if anyone can help me get this resolved and make my camera work again properly. 

Awaiting response from experts or anyone who can make this work. Thanks a lot in advance. 
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Does the camera reappear when you reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamRK
    SamRK Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does the camera reappear when you reset the battery?
    Can you describe what do you mean by reset of battery and how is it related to my issue stated above regarding camera not working which is inbulit with laptop model I have mentioned and also i have mentioned the error code I am getting when opening the camera. Kindly help 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cristoval
    Cristoval Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hola, tengo una -Aspire E15 - E5-575G-55H4, la cámara no funciona en Windows 10, no la reconoce el sistema, he probado con un Ubuntu Live y efectivamente no es un problema de hardware, alguna solución y/o comentario?
    gracias!

Hello, I have an -Aspire E15 - E5-575G-55H4, the camera does not work in Windows 10, it is not recognized by the system, I have tried with Ubuntu Live and it is indeed not a hardware problem, any solution and / or comment? Thank you!
  • @Cristoval Ideally, you should create a new topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Excellent tip @Carlos000. Just one question: wasn't your camera showing up in the device manager too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Carlos000
    Carlos000 Member Posts: 3 New User
    @egydiocoelho, nah, my camera wasn't showing up in device manager at all. 
  • Carlos000
    Carlos000 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Just to provide an update on my camera situation. I had the same issue this morning with my camera going off-line, I retraced the steps I outlined in my earlier post and that solved the issue.

I have additional screenshots which I had not captured before and I thought it'd be useful to post them so I can provide more of a clearer picture on the process. 
    In my device's properties dialogue box, in the hardware tab, I highlighted the component that was not connected.

If you click on properties, it should lead you to the USB controller tab, click change settings and follow the prompts...

If you click on change settings, the dialogue box should provide the option to enable the device, you can follow the process with the necessary steps highlighted.

And there you have it, my camera was back online after that process.

I hope this helps.
  • Durgadutt
    Durgadutt Member Posts: 1 New User
    the p button does not work in my acer travelmate 8472 g

• @Durgadutt you must create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• safesite
    safesite Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Fantastic! HUGE thanks to you Carlos000! <3:) 

This solved the identical problem that I had and which I described in this thread...

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/608736/aspire-vn7-571g-u3e1-webcam-suddenly-stopped-working/

...with a malfunctioning HD WebCam in my Aspire VN7-571G which I was until this post unable to get to work again.

Now the million dollar question for you Carlos000...

*** How did you find out that this was the cause? And why was this USB Controller disabled? ***

I have had numerous bigger Windows 10 updates as well as that I remember, updating Skype for Desktop on my laptop after which the problem with the webcam started. However, I never got any notion about the camera being disabled, let alone a reason for that sake.

As such, I am curious what the reason for this behavior of randomly disabling USB controllers/devices by the system is.

Could you elaborate on the above questions?

Thanks in advance.
  • safesite

Tinkerer

Carlos000 said:
    SamRK said:
    Hi,

I have Acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R Ryzen 5 laptop . My camera is not working and when I try to open camera app I am getting error " 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" . I have checked and tried to find drivers as I though drivers might be missing however not able to find one on acer site or google. Also, in device manager there is no camera showing in hardwares. I have tried different methods from YouTube and google however issue still not resolved. It would be great help if anyone can help me get this resolved and make my camera work again properly. 

Awaiting response from experts or anyone who can make this work. Thanks a lot in advance. 
    Hi Sam,

I had similar issues with my Aspire V17 Nitro for weeks and searched everywhere for a solution. I managed to get mine working by doing the following;
    • Access devices and printers from the control panel
    • Double click on your laptop from the devices listed, or right click and access the properties
    • Click on the hardware tab on your devices' properties dialogue box
    • Scroll down to the end of the list, any device not working will be at the bottom of that list
    • Highlight the device that's not working and click on properties
    • In the properties dialog box you then enable the device

I'm not really good at describing the IT processes but take note that the device that I enabled was not listed as the HD WebCam, it was instead listed as a USB device that was not enabled. Once I did that my webcam was back on line.

I have posted a screenshot of the events listed on my webcam, the device was deleted when I updated Windows 10 just over a week ago and I only just got it working this morning. Good luck with trying to fix your issue, I hope this helps. 

This solved the identical problem that I had and which I described in this thread...

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/608736/aspire-vn7-571g-u3e1-webcam-suddenly-stopped-working/

...with a malfunctioning HD WebCam in my Aspire VN7-571G which I was until this post unable to get to work again.

Now the million dollar question follows for you Carlos000...

*** How did you find out that this was the cause??? And what why was this USB Controller disabled??? ***

I have had numerous bigger Windows 10 updates as well as that I remember, updating Skype for Desktop on my laptop after which the problem with the webcam started. However, I never got any notion about the camera being disabled, let alone a reason for that sake.

As such, I am curious what the reason for this behavior of randomly disabling USB controllers/devices by the system is.

Could you elaborate on the above question?

Thanks in advance.
  • safesite

Tinkerer

Carlos000 said:
    SamRK said:
    Hi,

Hi Sam,

I had similar issues with my Aspire V17 Nitro for weeks and searched everywhere for a solution. I managed to get mine working by doing the following;
    • Double click on your laptop from the devices listed, or right click and access the properties
    • Scroll down to the end of the list, any device not working will be at the bottom of that list

I'm not really good at describing the IT processes but take note that the device that I enabled was not listed as the HD WebCam, it was instead listed as a USB device that was not enabled. Once I did that my webcam was back on line.

I have posted a screenshot of the events listed on my webcam, the device was deleted when I updated Windows 10 just over a week ago and I only just got it working this morning. Good luck with trying to fix your issue, I hope this helps. 

Now the million dollar question follows for you Carlos000...

*** How did you find out that this was the cause??? And why was this USB Controller disabled??? ***

Could you elaborate on the above questions?

Thanks in advance.
  • JayBizzly
    JayBizzly Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you so much Carlos000 for this - I had also had the same problem and tried all the normal steps without luck to fix it. Acer were zero help with this. The only difference for was that the malfunctioning USB device was listed first, not last, and it was already enabled so I had to hit disable, and then enable again - as soon as I did this the camera turned straight on! Thanks again,
    I also have the same problem with the built-in microphone not working since about the same time as the camera - is this the same for anyone else?

Cheers,
    J
  • safesite

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    JayBizzly said:
    Thank you so much Carlos000 for this - I had also had the same problem and tried all the normal steps without luck to fix it. Acer were zero help with this. The only difference for was that the malfunctioning USB device was listed first, not last, and it was already enabled so I had to hit disable, and then enable again - as soon as I did this the camera turned straight on! Thanks again,
    I also have the same problem with the built-in microphone not working since about the same time as the camera - is this the same for anyone else?

Cheers,
    J
    Just to give you some quick feedback on the microphone issue you seem to experience on top of the camera issues.

I don't recall having issues with my microphone, only the camera. My Acer came with some software called "Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater" which runs at startup in the taskbar next to the clock. If you right click on that icon there, you get the menu with two options for ON and OFF. Sometimes, this is - for some odd reason - being disabled and set to OFF. This results in a high pitched sound resembling something coming out of a can and at the same time the volume is lowered. I then enable and set it to ON again and the sound is fine. Have you tried checking this option or the settings there as they are responsible for the sound. If you don't have this software you should be able to download it from the Acer download site using the serial number for your laptop. Hope that helps!
  • MARIERI
    MARIERI Member Posts: 3 New User
    Carlos000 said:
    SamRK said:
    Hi,

Hi Sam,

This solved my problem, thank you so much!
  • FAIZ
    FAIZ Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

i tried so many methods  because i got the error message camera not installed or not attached nothing worksthen i
    try to to install IO Drivers_Intel_30.100.1713.2_W10x64_A .after that my camera works . download it from acer official site in the driver  & support section of your specific laptop . i hope it fix issue becuase it fixed mine.reply if it helped.,.,,,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7309?b=1&pn=NH.Q29AA.004 you can dowload it from this link also
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer