Sudden screen freeze on Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43-R2WK)?

GJG10
GJG10 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hello
Ok so this issue haven't happened before but now it did. I was just browsing together with my spotify opened, and then the screen suddenly froze. I tried pressing some keys (like capslock), keyboard backlight turns on but I can't see the capslock locked and unlocked on top because my screen froze. Unfortunately, I tried ctrl alt delete but the screen is still freezing. Also, my audio is still running, It's just my screen having sudden issues. I forcefully shutdown the laptop because I have no choice. I tried browsing and spotify opened and minutes pass by, it froze again.It happened twice but now It's gone (I just hope it won't happen again). Yesterday, the laptop was fine, I even played some video games and runs smoothly. Pls help and thank you in advanced for the answers

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try disabling hardware acceleration in chrome.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• MohanBathula
    MohanBathula Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also having the same issue. My laptop screen freezes while streaming a video from youtube or netflix or any other streaming platforms.
  • VinceP
    VinceP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello there, I am also having this issue while watching youtube videos, the laptop will freeze but i can still play the vid by pressing spacebar and the sound will be heard. closing the lid and opening it can sometimes solve the issue. I’ve also reset the laptop (reset this PC full erase) 3 times and it still persists which is annoying for a month old laptop. my laptop is AN515-43-R8VJ 
  • LijoJames7
    LijoJames7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also facing the same issue mentioned above from past few days. All my drivers and windows is up to date. Please fix this issue
  • iamangry
    iamangry Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am facing the same problem, i have changed my laptop with retail shop and facing same problem again !!!!! isit this model is suck? all the driver and windows update is already up to date!!!!
  • @iamangry: can you download the benchmarking program and then copy the link with the result? https://www.userbenchmark.com/resources/download/UserBenchMark.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GJG10
    I think I know now the answer for this. Based from what I read on the Acer Nitro 5 group page in Facebook, he stated that it is  the Google Chrome's fault. It is some kind of a bug or glitch of the browser to the system. And I noticed, I guess he was correct since this issue happened when I was using Google Chrome and this never happened to any programs that I have opened aside from the browser. I don't know how to fix this though, but I'm glad it is not the laptop's fault but rather the browser's fault. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try disabling hardware acceleration in chrome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hismt
    hismt Member Posts: 3 New User
    GJG10 said:
    I think I know now the answer for this. Based from what I read on the Acer Nitro 5 group page in Facebook, he stated that it is  the Google Chrome's fault. It is some kind of a bug or glitch of the browser to the system. And I noticed, I guess he was correct since this issue happened when I was using Google Chrome and this never happened to any programs that I have opened aside from the browser. I don't know how to fix this though, but I'm glad it is not the laptop's fault but rather the browser's fault. 
    Hi, I just reset the laptop and not installing google chrome but the freezing still occur i don't know but it seems like the laptop is the problem here, i hope theres an update that can solve this problem.

Apparently, the freezing will occur when we use random apps like spotify, or even microsoft edge and I need to force shut down by holding the power button everytime it happens. I just bought this laptop 3 weeks ago and yes, the freezing started since day 1 🤩✌
  • @hismtIs your model the an515-43?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GJG10
    @hismt I got another solution and I hope this would fix the issue. Try updating your IGPU. Since my screen is run by AMD then I should also update my AMD's IGPU (why did I not think of this in the first place). Updating on device manager won't work, so I suggest you go to your IGPU's website (AMD or Intel). 
  • hismt
    @GJG10 thank you so much for the suggestion :') I read somewhere and it said that we can change graphic card for each app so what I did was, I change the preferred graphic card for my Netflix, Microsoft Edge and my editing software from (Acer recommended graphic) to High Performance graphic card. So far my laptop has not freezing yet. But if it does later, I'll try your method! thank you so much!
  • hismt
    @hismtIs your model the an515-43?
    yes!!
  • Flashhh16
    Flashhh16 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

The same issue occurs with my Nitro 5 AN515-43-R8VJ. One remedy is put it into sleep mode; however, sometimes, the problem might persist after a couple of minutes. I will try to update my drivers. 
  • When you disable the touchpad by pressing fn + f7 or put the touchpad in basic mode on the bios, does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Raki
    Raki Member Posts: 1 New User
    Also me same model NITRO 5 AN515 43 R84J. I bought in July 24, 2020 and then Day 1 it started to have screen freeze. I try to fix what i read in this acer community. Like setting the Battery Plan, Disabling the Fast Start Up. But it always freezing. Im afraid if its the motherboard is damage, thats why it freezes. May i ask if its the motherboard have damage that why it triggers Freezing?. Need help. Thank you
  • @Raki Can you check if your device has bios in version 1.10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Atticus103
    Atticus103 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Im having the same problem! My laptop is brand new, I only had it for a couple of weeks and i can barely use it with all this freezing. I tried updating the Nvidia driver, while it definitely lessened the times my laptop froze, it has not completely eliminated it. I will now try to disable the hardware acceleration in chrome. hope this works!
  • HappehWowiee
    HappehWowiee Member Posts: 2 New User

so i bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43. while using it the screen randomly freezes. (it usually happens when im watching videos on youtube and the other instance was when i was just searching something on google) the mouse nor the touchpad doesn't respond. however when i press the spacebar/pause i can hear the video playing in the background.

at first i was forced to force shutdown the laptop whenever this happens... however i discovered that i just had to close the laptop and once i open it the screen goes back to normal.

however, i dont want to close my laptop every few minutes while working. is there anything i can do? thanks!

• I would try to disable these functions:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yong1031
    Yong1031 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Raki Can you check if your device has bios in version 1.10?
    i also have this problem on this model,can you tell me how to update bios? i searched for the latest bios updates and got 6 results.i dont know which one s it.