Acer predator G9 973 Ethernet (Wired) and Wi-Fi (Wireless) low speeds.

LoneTiger
LoneTiger Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys.
Recently have noticed that my network speeds wired and wireless drop or slow down locally, already my ISP changed my modem/router and we tested with different network cables and the results are the same. Using speedtest I get (Down/Up) 180mbps/1mbps, now if I unplug the network cable, wait 20 seconds or so, plug it back in, and try the same speedtest I get proper 380mbps/60mbps, but after a minute or two after test speed drops back down.
This is only consistent on this computer, and same happens using the wireless connections both 2.4 and 5G.
After ISP changed modem I went to killer website to download latest drivers and the killer uninstaller utility.
According to killer the pack: KillerPerformanceSuite_2.2.1471_UWD_x64 is the latest for both the Killer E2400 ethernet controller and the 1535 wireless adapter.
Used the uninstall tool to remove all aspects from the killer suite, rebooted computer.
Then ran the killerperformancesuite and installed the killer control center from windows store.
Afterwards I went to device manager and selected "Update driver" for each of the devices and the image below shows the latest driver info.
But behavior continues.
I am not sure what am I doing wrong here all ideas or procedures to reinstall network devices or get them working at faster speeds are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What happens when you uninstall the killer network program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• The same problem occurs when you disable the wireless network card, activate the wireless network card again and then restart windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LoneTiger

Tinkerer

I have tested connection both wired and wireless individually and together (without bridging them) and the result is the same after  rebooting. Transfer speeds may be high right after connecting either cable or wireless but afterwards transfer speeds drop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What happens when you uninstall the killer network program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LoneTiger

Tinkerer

That seems to have done the trick, seems the Killer package bottlenecks the network speed for some reason, device drivers are the same so it was that Killer software.
    Thanks.
  • Have you checked if there are any fixes for the killer network on google?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LoneTiger

Tinkerer

Have you checked if there are any fixes for the killer network on google?
    Not yet, Probably later after work, right now enjoying good sped transfers.

• What happens when you download the latest version? https://support.killernetworking.com/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LoneTiger

Tinkerer

I was using the latest version before, thinking the problem was my modem, but after removing the killer application speeds are back to normal, not plannig on installing killer stuff again atm.