Predator Sense not compatable.

nickl_212
nickl_212 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So previously my laptop ran into a problem where games would crash randomly so after 3 months I decided to hard reset and wipe my whole entire laptop.  When I tried to reinstall predator sense it would say "this computer is not supported".  I had already called Acer and they couldn't fix it.  They told me to install the ph 317-52 version and it worked but my turbo button and predator key button doesn't work so I need the right version.  Not to mention I have a 2020 Predator Helios 300 so any suggestions would be great thanks.

Answers

• Scottyat5
    Scottyat5 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    You have a interesting situation. How did you obtain a 2020 Predator Helios 300 better than 3 months or so ago as 2020 model was just released on June 23, 2020?  Are you referring that you have a 2019 Helios 300 17.3 inch as referenced PH317-52 or do you have the PH315-52 which is 15.6 inch?  Did you ever perform backups of your Windows 10 from the original 256GB/ 512GB NVMe m.2 SSD? I have suggested that everyone should make a CLONE of their Predator Operating System and then remove and store the original SSD someplace safe, using the clone drive. This way you can alway restore your laptop to Factory settings if needed.  Another thing, are you using a legit and authentic Windows 10. Have you downloaded all the necessary DRIVERS from the ACER Website. I believe your problem pertains to Software and not Hardware.  Please, reinstall fresh Windows 10 Home or Pro, on a USB Flash Drive pre-download all recent Predator drivers according to Year and Model of your laptop and install them.  I doubt you need any BIOS update since you are only dealing with the OS. Be sure to enter BIOS and select Defaults, then Save and Exit. Another thing, temporarily remove the CMOS Battery for 30 to 60 seconds from the motherboard and reinstall battery. It should clear any random stuff in memory. It is also a known problem that Turbo does not function properly or causes Crashes. I am not sure if those crashes are related to certain games, apps, or other software in which Predator Sense or Turbo control feature has conflict with.
    Personally, I have covered with tape the TURBO Button since hearing about Bad things. I use windows control panel and into power options and select High Performance profile. Then when playing Games or graphic intense programs go to Predator Sense and place Fan either to Auto or Maximum and the GPU Overclock to Extreme. Yes, the laptop will become warmer and noisier. I do not have any confidence or trust using the Turbo Button after all the gripes I have read about it. Oh! why would ACER say to install PH317-52 if you hap to have a brand new June release 2020 Helios 300 which is under Warranty. The number should be PH317-53, not PH317-52 for a new 2020 model. I would request RMA and return laptop to ACER if you are not able to resolve your problem.
  • nickl_212
    edited August 2020
    idk how to delete this comment

• nickl_212
    Scottyat5 said:
    You have a interesting situation. How did you obtain a 2020 Predator Helios 300 better than 3 months or so ago as 2020 model was just released on June 23, 2020?  Are you referring that you have a 2019 Helios 300 17.3 inch as referenced PH317-52 or do you have the PH315-52 which is 15.6 inch?  Did you ever perform backups of your Windows 10 from the original 256GB/ 512GB NVMe m.2 SSD? I have suggested that everyone should make a CLONE of their Predator Operating System and then remove and store the original SSD someplace safe, using the clone drive. This way you can alway restore your laptop to Factory settings if needed.  Another thing, are you using a legit and authentic Windows 10. Have you downloaded all the necessary DRIVERS from the ACER Website. I believe your problem pertains to Software and not Hardware.  Please, reinstall fresh Windows 10 Home or Pro, on a USB Flash Drive pre-download all recent Predator drivers according to Year and Model of your laptop and install them.  I doubt you need any BIOS update since you are only dealing with the OS. Be sure to enter BIOS and select Defaults, then Save and Exit. Another thing, temporarily remove the CMOS Battery for 30 to 60 seconds from the motherboard and reinstall battery. It should clear any random stuff in memory. It is also a known problem that Turbo does not function properly or causes Crashes. I am not sure if those crashes are related to certain games, apps, or other software in which Predator Sense or Turbo control feature has conflict with.
    Personally, I have covered with tape the TURBO Button since hearing about Bad things. I use windows control panel and into power options and select High Performance profile. Then when playing Games or graphic intense programs go to Predator Sense and place Fan either to Auto or Maximum and the GPU Overclock to Extreme. Yes, the laptop will become warmer and noisier. I do not have any confidence or trust using the Turbo Button after all the gripes I have read about it. Oh! why would ACER say to install PH317-52 if you hap to have a brand new June release 2020 Helios 300 which is under Warranty. The number should be PH317-53, not PH317-52 for a new 2020 model. I would request RMA and return laptop to ACER if you are not able to resolve your problem.
    See I got this in march and on amazon it said it was 2020 and its a ph 315-52 but when I went back on amazon the same computer was not there and some other versions were there instead.  I also have all the drivers and stuff downloaded.  Now everything worked fine then after the hard reset on this laptop it basically didn't work so idk if thats cuz this is a different model but this is confusing because I got this in march and now idk what this computer version it is.