Acer Spin 5 2020 editon sp513-54N doesn't seem to be compatible with Wacom Feel Drivers.

thesgsniper
thesgsniper Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4546 I made a thread on the wacom forums already on this issue. The Acer Spin 5 sp513-54N doesn't seem to be compatible with Wacom Feel Drivers, even though it was advertised as wacom aes. It is worrying that the store page shortly after I purchased the product removed any mention of wacom aes, though the marketing blurb still has mention of it. I need the wacom feel drivers as the pressure sensitivity is terrible and not the 4096 levels of pressure advertised by Acer. Please communicate with Wacom to get compatibility with the Wacom Feel drivers. I understand software support is a difficult process, but at the very least don't advertise wacom aes support for months and then drop it somehow. 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• temporary2020
    temporary2020 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I noticed that too. I wanted to install the drivers for compatibility with inkscape and gimp and it said that no compatible tablet was found. Bamboo ink plus works though even with tilt.
  • thesgsniper
    temporary2020, its nice to know that Bamboo Ink Plus has tilt working, means its a newer Wacom AES panel that happened to be using Wacom AES 1.0 supercapacitor pen. Do you have any problems with pressure sensitivity? Mine is there but seems terrible, it would not leave a nice taper at the end in every app I have tried, OneNote, Krita and OpenCanvas, which were using Windows Ink API, so I was wondering if Wintab would work better. Without Wacom Feel Drivers I would never know. Unless this is a defect of my specific unit, and I have to get it repaired.
  • temporary2020
    temporary2020 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

If it helps this is how it looks with Windows Ink drivers in Krita on my computer.
  • thesgsniper
    temporary2020, yeah its exactly the same problem I have, its basically impossible for me to do any art with that issue. 
  • fivez93
    fivez93 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I noticed that too. I wanted to install the drivers for compatibility with inkscape and gimp and it said that no compatible tablet was found. Bamboo ink plus works though even with tilt.

Good to hear tilt work with this. Really hope they solve the problem soon.
  • PhilippD
    PhilippD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, i have the same problem. But also Bamboo Ink Plus driver (Wacom_Components_7.7-13.13.24_win64.exe) doesn't work for me. Did you used another version?
  • PhilippD
    PhilippD Member Posts: 2 New User
    So, now is solved the problem for me. I just wanted to use the included Acer Active Pen in Krita with pressure sensibilty. It was no wacom driver needed at all. Just switch the Krita tablet settings from WinTab to Windows 8+ Pointer Input (Windows Ink) and restart the program... 
  • Slakey
    Slakey Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2021
    I've had good luck with the 1st and 2nd gen Bamboo Ink stylus on my SP513-54N. The 2nd Gen Model seems more responsive. More good news is the Bamboo Ink tips fit and work with the factory docked stylus. Super glad to hear that tilt works. I might try and pick up an Ink Plus. Photo is sliver 2nd gen Bamboo Ink, factory stylus with the tip removed, black 1st gen Bamboo Ink and 3-nib set.  

This discussion has been closed.