Aspire laptop stopped charging

Hbockes
Hbockes Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have combed these forums and tried everything to get my laptop to charge. I have replaced the charger and battery, now the charging port, I have pressed the battery reset button. Up until now I could get the amber battery to blink if I plugged it in. So I replaced the charger port, I was able to get it to stay amber like it was charging. Turned the laptop on and it was at 0% so I turned it off and left it charging for a half hour I went to turn it on and it wouldn’t load past the acer screen and now no battery indicator lights will turn on. I’m at a loss and over $100 in parts with nothing to show for it and a laptop that again for the 4th time in a week seems to be working but turns out that it didn’t charge at all, Even with the new battery.
Does anyone have an idea what I’m doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does your model have this button next to ram?
    Acer a515-41g-1480 no liga boto power  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does your model have this button next to ram?
    Acer a515-41g-1480 no liga boto power  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hbockes
    Yes sorry, a515-51 it does have that button I had it taped down while I was letting it charge for 30 min since I still had the back off of it. Then when I turned on the computer the amber light turned off and now nothing happens.
  • Hbockes
    Just tried to plug in the cord and the amber light flashed for a second and then nothing... I’m going to disconnect and reconnect everything one last time.
  • Try placing a few layers of electrical tape over the button:
    Notebook em boot loop aps update do Windows como resolver
    Acer a515-41g-1480 no liga boto power Comunidade Acer

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Hbockes
    Try placing a few layers of electrical tape over the button:
    Notebook em boot loop aps update do Windows como resolver
    Acer a515-41g-1480 no liga boto power Comunidade Acer
    I can get it to light up solid amber, i had it charging all night and it never got over 0%, new battery, new charger, new charging dock.
  • Does the new battery have the same voltage as the old battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer