My Predator laptop display has green tinted shade on the upper corner.

moethoukoo
moethoukoo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When I power on my laptop, I just saw there is green tinted shade on the upper corner of display.(Display area as shown in picture) I can see it clearly when I turn my desktop wallpaper to solid black. But I can’t shoot it clearly with my camera. Anyone know what wrong with this? 

Answers

• Scottyat5
    Scottyat5 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited August 2020
    Believe the bezel or circuit wiring could be applying pressure to the thin panel/ display. Have you tried a Dead Pixel repair program? Does it go away watching a movie or playing a game? The IPS panels/ display ACER uses is noted for Blacklight Bleed in which your display might be extreme, bleeding more intense light in that area cause it to always appear to be Green. I would consult ACER and if your are unsatisfied with any attempts maybe ask for a RMA to have ACER replace the display. However, your laptop may be returned with unfavorable results after ACER repairs it. Scratches, a chipped chassis, missing screw, keyboard keys not working well or display hinges uneven gap and wobbly or tight/ hard to open and close lid.  Sometime things are fixed and sometimes they are worse or possibly they do not fix anything  and returned the laptop back to you with ACER saying they can not duplicate problem and you are imagining it. Beware of Shipping and Handling Costs. If warranty is expired then the cost of repair is on you. Get an rough estimate for repair time and cost to you. If you have to spend more than $200, I would suggest selling on eBay noting the problem as in being honest. Then using that money to purchase another laptop of same or from another manufacturer. Sorry for any inconvenience and loss you may accrue and endure. There are no guarantees in life but we keep on looking for perfection. Again, most all Acer Predator (Helios and Triton models) IPS Displays do have Blacklight Bleeding which is most noticeable with all color Black background. It is the Norm and ACER is not the only company having this problem. The only way for companies to prevent this is buy and installing expensive displays with their laptops or covering the blacklight bleeding with thicker and wider bezel which will reduce the viewing size by another half to 1 inch. All that would do is hide the problem.  Bottom line: your choice as what you want to do.