Graphics problems and auto restart, a515-43 vega 8

SamirBilalMemon
SamirBilalMemon Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
editado outubro 2023 em Arquivo de 2020
The screen of the laptop goes completely black randomly during use for a number of seconds, then it goes back to normal. Sometimes when the screen goes completely black after a few seconds the acer logo comes and windows starts up, after logging in, all former open windows are closed just like a restart.

I’m using a new aspire a515-43.

Ryzen 5 3500U
8 GB single channel ram
512 GB SSD

Laptop was fully updated yesterday to latest Windows from windows security and Updates. I also checked for updates from Care Center, it is fully updated. I’m using the drivers provided by Acer. Also battery and memory health is good according to care Center. I have attached images.

Edited the content to hide sensitive informaiton
Acer-Samuel

Melhores respostas

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    I would try to reinstall windows or return the notebook.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Responder ✓
    Try pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo to reinstall windows.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Respostas

• The same problem when using the cleanup utility program to remove the driver? Then try to install the latest version on the amd website.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SamirBilalMemon

Using this? How do you do it?
  • Click on "clean up system files" and then select all tabs. This will eliminate useless files from the windows update, the recycle bin and etc.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SamirBilalMemon

I completed cleanup of everything, view system files, check all boxes, I did this twice as it showed 16 mb is left and my amd driver was still showing up, it did not remove my driver from start menu, I opened the amd setting lite from start menu and I took a screenshot of the driver still being there after disk cleanup, then I went ahead and used auto detect to get the driver. I selected the latest optional 20.7.2 and checked the factory reset box so that it removes previous driver. After 2 restarts and full install I have the latest driver. Everything seems fine for now and I will update if I encounter any issues again.

Thank you so much for the help, have I followed all instructions correctly?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Problem is still here, I booted my PC, opened steam, looked around my library and when i hit the x to close window the screen went completely black for a few seconds and then it became normal. completely black as in completely black nothing seen on screen. 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Issue has gotten worse problem is more frequent now and my display is no longer viewing at maximum brightness, please help.
  • Suvan
    Suvan Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @SamirBilalMemon use display driver uninstaller to uninstall the existing drivers. It may be possible that the old Acer drivers are interfering with the new ones. Search on youtube on how to use DDU. I have the same laptop and dont have this issue but I get a lot of stutters when multitasking. Do you get them?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    What do you mean by stutters? Screen goes completely black and then returns to normal after a few seconds like mine? Or do you mean that the screen freezes for a few seconds or very very short time and then is active again?

Regarding driver removal I will search on youtube and do the said task, I will then update what happens.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Also what AMD driver are you using and where did you download it from?
  • Did you use the cleanup utility or DDU in the safe boot? Also, does the same problem occur when restarting the battery?
    Can you inform the version of bios and windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SamirBilalMemon

I downloaded 20.4.2 driver of amd ryzen 3500u from the website then, I started my laptop in safe mode, I used DDU to uninstall the driver completely in safe mode. I chose the clean and restart first option. After restart I opened and installed the 20.4.2 driver file I had downloaded. After restart the screen looks great now, it is displaying at full brightness and it appears that everything is normal. I will update if black screen issue occurs again. I have not restarted the internal battery and will try that if issue comes. thank you so much and so far i feel like everything might be fixed.

Thank you both so much and will keep posted., 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    It happened again today, screen went completely black while browsing on chrome, then returned to normal after a few seconds but google chrome could not be recovered I had to reopen it and lost my tabs. While browsing google chrome today with about 2-3 tabs open. A whatsapp Desktop window, Acer Care center window and file explorer window minimized this issue occurred. Also after this issue my start menu wont open aymore when hitting the start key or clicking on start. It should be fine after a restart though. 

I will now restart the battery and confirm the version of bios and windows I have. Also after restarting the battery I was thinking of restarting in safe mode removing drivers and installing the drivers given by acer site, is that a good idea?

• SamirBilalMemon
    Btw it seems the start button works after restarting windows explorer in task manager

• Suvan
    @SamirBilalMemon did the problem come after you updated to windows 10 2004 version?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan The problem has been here even before that update. 
    @egydiocoelho I have restarted internal battery as per suggestion by you.

• SamirBilalMemon
    @egydiocoelho

I was just idling and watching a chrome download complete and the issue repeated itself, I'm sure i restarted the battery as per suggestion and video instructions. I pushed a  pin into the hole with the internal battery symbol near it, heard that click and kept it down for a few seconds, then i turned on my computer after 5 minutes.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan what driver are you using on your laptop?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan

@egydiocoelho

I have used safe boot + DDU to remove amd drivers with clean and restart and have installed the latest one from Acer website because the AMD website drivers started causing the screen to not display in full brightness today morning, last night everything seemed fine when i did a ddu then install of it, and the colors were slightly off when i was viewing a coursera video and the black screen for short time issue was still not fixed.

I will post again if the Acer drivers are still not fixing the issue of screen going black for a few seconds again.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    Issue occurred again, acer drivers are better since videos play with better colors and screen is brighter but the screen going completely black for a few seconds then becoming normal is an issue that is still persisting.
  • Suvan
    editado agosto 2020
    @SamirBilalMemon brightness issue can be fixed by turning off vari brightness in amd radeon software.

also for colors, you can modify them in the custom color section
    maybe you are pressing fn+f6 which is causing the display go blank.