acer Swift SF514 - 54T Intel Rapid Storage Technology uninstall What I have to do with that?

wiktorr
wiktorr Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi,
I want to install ubuntu 20.04 on my acer Swift SF514 - 54T with Windows 10, but I get the message that I need to uninstall RST first. I don't have any option in Bios to do that.
What I have to do with that?
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning! The ideal is to disable fast startup in the power options of windows 10 and enable safe boot. To activate safe boot, press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to system boot and click on safeboot. Then restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning! The ideal is to disable fast startup in the power options of windows 10 and enable safe boot. To activate safe boot, press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to system boot and click on safeboot. Then restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wiktorr
    wiktorr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much it workred
  • you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Patrick21
    Patrick21 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes. But after you switch to AHCI, Linux will work but Windows won't work anymore until you don't move back to RAID in Sata mode. Any thoughts on that please ?

• Patrick21
    Patrick21 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes. But after you switch to AHCI, Linux will work but Windows won't work anymore until you don't move back to RAID in Sata mode. And if you go back to RAID Linux will stop working ...Any thoughts on that please ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Windows will work fine in AHCI mode, though you might have to reinstall for it to switch from iRST to AHCI.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system startup and enable safeboot. Then restart windows and change sata mode to ahci. In this way, there will be no problems when starting Windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer