Change HDD to SSD - Swift 3 Ultra-thin | SF315-52G

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Change HDD to SSD - Swift 3 Ultra-thin | SF315-52G.

Answers

• Loucaaa
    Loucaaa Member Posts: 3 New User
    Eozen355 said:
    Has anyone tried to install a 1TB M.2 SSD to the Swift 3?
    Sorry for my very  bad english, i am french :)
    I have a SWIFT 3 SF315-52G with a M2 SATA 118GB drive and  1TB HDD SATA3 drive.
    I tried to change both but it seems impossible...
    When i try to install 1TB SSD drive (M2 OR SATA 3 HDD),  the laptop hang on ACER logo... I can't reach BIOS.
    ACER doesn't want to help me for that...
    Searches on internet seem to show that a bug appeared after the 1.04 bios, preventing any installation of SSD greater than 512TB, either on the M2 port or the SATA port.
    Their technical support walks me with uninteresting answers ....
    They are however responsible for this bug and are apparently not determined to correct it, probably to sell newer machines ...
    Hi, i don't know if u solved the problem, yesterday i successfully upgraded my laptop with a secondary SSD, using a Toshiba brand SSD, the 480GB TR150, tried a lot of brands and just Toshiba workined for me.
    Bios Setup:
    Ver: 1.08
    SATA Mode: change RST to AHCI
  • @Loucaaa Did you press ctrl + s to change sata mode?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LostACC
    LostACC Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Loucaaa Did you press ctrl + s to change sata mode?
    Hey i lost my credential to loggin, so i created a new acc
    What do you mean about ctrl+s¿?
    Just enter on the bios and change RST to AHCI, but now i got another issue, the secondary SSD drive 480GB TR150 it goes sleep/energy saving, and if i have files and i want to open, i need to wait the drive turn on and then the files will show up
  • @LostACCIdeally, you should create a new topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)