Laptop Screen flickers when screen is moved

qwerty12345
qwerty12345 Member Posts: 1 New User
What's wrong with my laptop? It is an Acer Swift 3 and it flickers for a second whenever I move the screen up or down. It works like normal otherwise.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You may have the eDP cable that runs between the motherboard and display starting to fail. It gets bent each time you open or close the laptop, so is the most susceptible to mechanical stresses. Which specific model do you have? There are a lot of different Swift 3s.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sanam28
    sanam28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same issue with my Swift 3. It happened for the first time today. Nothing major right now, but do you think I should get it sorted immediately or is there any chance that it might stop happening ? My model is SF314-55G @qwerty12345 @billsey
  • billsey
    Yeah, if you can cause it with specific movements of the screen then it's best to get in touch with Acer support and start the repair process. At least get it done before it gets too bad or runs out of warranty time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bharath0209
    Bharath0209 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hey, I have the same model and now facing the same problem from a month or so. Wanted to knwo if you've got it fixed with Acer or did any repair by yourself. Mine just went out of warranty. I have to decide on whether to do a DIY if it isnt too complex.

sanam28 said:
    I have the exact same issue with my Swift 3. It happened for the first time today. Nothing major right now, but do you think I should get it sorted immediately or is there any chance that it might stop happening ? My model is SF314-55G @qwerty12345 @billsey

• billsey
    @Bharath0209 do you have the exact same model? Since we don't know what model the original poster had it's best if you start a new thread and put your model number in it. We can help with looking up the part and describing the repair process so you can better decide on your next step.