Shut downs when using a browser or not plugged in

Nue
Nue Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer E5-571 for some years now. However right now it would shut down when I attempt to use an internet browser. It will also do so when the charger is not plugged in. Note I say plugged in since that's what it currently says and not charging. So I have 1 glowing blue light and one flicking orange. And when it's not plugged in it wouldnt turn on and has no sign of life. I plan to turn in to a computer repair shop today but I need my laptop by tommorrow evening. This is just so frustrating.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>one flicking orange.>>>

This suggests the battery pack needs to be replaced or it has been drained below a critical point. But try this first. Shut the laptop completely off with the charger plugged in. If the blinking orange LED is still visible, let the machine set this way for several hours without trying to turn it on. If the blinking stops and steady orange LED is visible, allow it to continue till it turns blue. Then try to turn the machine back on without the charger plugged in. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Nue
    Okay I'll try that. But when the computer is on it says it has 97% power thou it's not charging. So I know it isn't because the battry itself is low.
  • JackE
    97% doesn't mean much if it's full capacity has dropped significantly. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Nue
    Yeah my  full capacity went significantly down compared to my design capcity.

The light is still blinking orange after all this time
  • JackE
    >>>The light is still blinking orange after all this time>>>

Not enough time. Shut the machine off. And wait 4 hours to see if the blinking stops and goes to steady orange. If it does go to steady orange, don't try to turn it on until it turns steady blue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nue
    Okay I found the issue. It was the battery as said before.  Apperantly it needs to be replaced. Thanks for your help.
  • I know that you have already solved the problem. but try this: turn off the notebook, disconnect the battery and the power adapter and press the power for 60 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nue
    Unfortunately the battery is internal. Thus to remove it I have to unscrew the back.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)