Acer nitro 5 an515-42 R72M fans make buzzing/rattling noise

Answers

• Robin038
    Robin038 Member Posts: 125 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Should i remove the whole driver? Because it still says you need to restart... 

I am now restarting and its downloading bios 1.18 again... 
  • Robin038
    But why does Windows auto updates the bios... I dont get it... 
  • Robin038
    Answer ✓
    It worked!!! 

So what I did is

I disabled the firmware driver in Windows device manager version 1.18 was the bios

So then I dit the trick to downgrade bios and it downgraded... I checked in device manager and there is still 1.18 but disabled and no yellow triangel or you need to restart pc... I have still the option to update drivers off from factory... 

Is it bad to let it disabled? Like the bios? And wont Windows upgrade it again in future? 
  • Robin038
    Its so strange that Windows can update your bios... Now I have a arrow down at the driver thats telling me its not active (disabled) so.... I think this works? And i hope it doesnt upgrade itself again because the last thing I want is the system turning into a brick😮😳😬
  • Robin038
    In 1.16 it still goes down to 2ghz... I think I cant change it... 
  • Robin038
    Downgraded it to 1.13 still the same issue... I think nothing can change it... Should i go back to 1.18?
  • I suggest that you stop trying to downgrade. Think of the firmware driver as an ordinary driver. When you disable it, the driver just won't work, but that doesn't mean the device will be removed from the computer. Deactivating the firmware driver will only prevent windows update from updating the bios through the firmware driver.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038
    So just do nothing? Its now good? I have to accept it I think... Stupid from me to update... 
  • About tinnitus, can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube? Regarding processor performance, set the minimum and maximum performance, both on the battery and the electrical outlet, to 100% in power options.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038
    But it happens in certain games... It has a shared heatpipe between cpu and gpu

So if a game is cpu and gpu heavy like far cry 5 it wil get to the point where it starts clocking down to 2ghz. I set max fps in farcry to 50 and now I get much less cpu throttling... Also I can put the fans on high speed but the fans are spinning at 5k rpm at 60 to 70 degrees

Like rocketleague thats a gpu heavy game I dont get the throttling... 

So it is not a verry big issue but still... I am disappointed in acer that they ve done this... Before this I had temps to like mid 70 and no performance issues

Or I already did got em but didnt mentioned them... 

I saw a thread on the internet about it but still... 

I dont wanna repaste it because laptop is verry fragile and i am getting stressed when I am going to do that 
  • does strangulation occur when a certain temperature arrives? Try this procedure:
    a) update the bios to version 1.18;
    b) then, press f9 to restore the bios and then click save and shut down. If this option is not available, press f10 to save and exit and then turn off the notebook;
    c) then restart the battery:
    This will fix some bugs in the bios

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    I can also do this with 1.13 but yeah I dont wanna upgrade it and downgrade it again
  • Robin038
    Already did reset the bios in 1.18 but with no luck
  • OK! But have you tried to reset the battery? Also, about the throttling of the processor, in addition to the temperature, also make sure the battery is 100% charged before you start playing.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    Yep 100 percent charged and reset battery om 1.18 and 1.13
  • Does the same problem occur when updating drivers on the amd website?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    I have the latest version
    Like 20.7 or something 
  • Does the same problem occur when installing an older version of adrenalin?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    yepp
    i set the fan speed on max when palying games... so it doesnt throtthle
  • Robin038
    i downloaded 20.4 and dint work