Robin038
Robin038 Member Posts: 125 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
MY acer nitro 5 fans make a rattling/buzzing noise 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Acer has already released version 1.18 for several models that have the same motherboard as the model an515-42. That is why the acer care center is making this version available for your computer, even if it is not yet officially available on your model's website.

About the firmware driver, in my opinion, the correct thing is to actually disable it like this:

The correct thing would be for acer to make this feature available in the bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038
    Answer ✓
    It worked!!! 

So what I did is

I disabled the firmware driver in Windows device manager version 1.18 was the bios

So then I dit the trick to downgrade bios and it downgraded... I checked in device manager and there is still 1.18 but disabled and no yellow triangel or you need to restart pc... I have still the option to update drivers off from factory... 

Is it bad to let it disabled? Like the bios? And wont Windows upgrade it again in future? 

Answers

• What is your notebook model? example an515-51-75kz. Can you record a video and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038

Acer nitro 5 an515-42 R72

• Robin038
    i have no vid on youtube but you dont hear it loud on the microphone
    it is louder in real life
  • Is it a noise similar to that?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    i cant start an new topic, but now my laptop says that i am not connected to the internet but i can still browse on the internet.... i have tried several thing on the internet
  • Can you provide the model of the wireless network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    okay ive updated to bios 1.17, and reset windows and that worked, but now when my laptop hits 75 degrees celcius cpu is clocked to 2 GHz!!!!
    i already downgraded bios but then windows says i have to restart computer because there is a update .... also the website of acer says its a bios version 1.17 but care center and the bios update app says 1.18...

WHAT SHOULD I DO????
  • I suggest that you disable the firmware driver in the device manager and try to manually update the bios to version 1.18.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    @egydiocoelho That is the point mate, 1.18 is not available on Acer website.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Robin038
    How do I disable firmware driver in Windows? 
  • batmalin
    edited July 2020
    @Robin038 Do not disable the FW driver in Windows, disable automatic update of the driver instead
    (I found a howto): https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

• Robin038
    Huh but its really strange how it works... I dont know wich one to select since mine is bios and not a driver 
  • batmalin
    It has a driver in device manager thou, look for the HW ID and you are good to go.

• Robin038
    What is the driver called? 
  • batmalin
    Firmware, Acer Firmware  or System Firmware

• Robin038
    Found it but I cant open gpedit.msc... 
  • batmalin

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Acer has already released version 1.18 for several models that have the same motherboard as the model an515-42. That is why the acer care center is making this version available for your computer, even if it is not yet officially available on your model's website.

About the firmware driver, in my opinion, the correct thing is to actually disable it like this:

The correct thing would be for acer to make this feature available in the bios:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    Is it safe to disable it? And can I then download 1.16 again? 
  • batmalin
    As stated I am not a windows user and I am not sure if it is safe, but when colleague @egydiocoelho said so then I guess he is right.