Headset microphone is not working on my Acer Swift 3- SF314-55G.

Vish007
Vish007 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The headset microphone input is not recognised by my Acer Swift 3- SF314-55G. I am using Ubuntu 20.04. I tried with other Linux distros too but with all of them, I encountered a similar problem. Laptop internal microphone is working fine. This problem is only with the headset microphone.

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vish007
    @egydiocoelho Fortunately or unfortunately I myself posted this issue. =) But didn't found any working solution. With Ubuntu 18.04 and its derivative like Elementary OS 5.1 the problem is worse. Even the laptop's inbuilt microphone does not work. However, with Ubuntu 20.04 the laptop's inbuilt microphone is working fine only the headset microphone is not recognized. Thanks.
  • Maybe you can find an answer at this link: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201251
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yeah, until they have the kernels updated to match the hardware it's not likely to get a good fix in place. The chipsets on the laptops are much more complex than the ones they use for desktops.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vish007
    @billsey I too think so. Can I use the USB-C port for audio input and output using a type-C headset?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You are more likely to have success with a USB device, that's generic enough that the drivers will be ported to Linux readily.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.