Acer VN7-791G-51PZ Atheros QCA61x4 WLan Driver

763 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I have Acer VN7-791G-51PZ with Atheros QCA61x4 WLan +Bluetoth chip. It does not work well on Windows 10. Unable to get full wifi speed if I use 2.4Ghz band. There is no problem with 5Ghz sometimes its disconnect. I think driver is old. Is it possible provide latest driver?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I believe the latest driver is dated late 2016.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Does the same problem occur when you select channel 36 on the router for the 5ghz band?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    5Ghz is working fine,but sometimes i lost internet connecton on 5Ghz so i need reconnect :/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Does the same problem occur when you select channel 36 on the router for the 5ghz band? Also, did this problem occur after upgrading windows to version 2004?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    5Ghz working at full speed.But i lost interner connection even i was connected( i need reconnnect)
  • OK! Does the same problem occur when changing the channel to 36 on the router?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    In the USA the available bands are 36-50, which corresponds to 5.15GHz to 5.17GHz. Mine is set for an 80MHz width on channel 42, which is as fast as we can go and stay in the allowed range. If you drop down to channel 36 as suggested it forces the width to be the minimum 10MHz and tells us if the problem is noise from other systems, since very few only use that lowest channel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.