Enabling HDR10 on the Predator X27 with Xbox x

Alexm050
Alexm050 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an Acer Predator X27 and it is awesome! I am running the monitor with my xbox x, which supports full 4k and HRD10. The one thing I am unable to figure out is how to enable the HDR10 on the monitor as I heard it comes disabled. It also is showing as disabled in the the xbox x settings. If anybody could assist with the HDR10 activation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Answers

• TheRealDrone
    TheRealDrone Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did you ever find out how to make it work? I have the same issue but I can't find a solution anywhere.
  • Sunnycat85
    Sunnycat85 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just got the predator X27P having the same problem  talked to acer the predator DOES  NOT support HDR on xbox   It would have been nice if they told us or put this somewhere on their  website which they did not  If you want it to not a look like washed out ***** go into your video settings in your xbox in turn off YCC 4:2:2  it will turn off HDR  Your picture will look normal again and bright but you will not push HDR on xbox they said on series X it will most likely be even  less compatible as its nivida mot AMD also acer will not give you a refund this is my 1st and last acer product  we all just spent 1700$ to 2000$ for a SDR monitor  this is probably why nobody answered your question  
  • Sunnycat85
    Sunnycat85 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Alexm050 said:
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an Acer Predator X27 and it is awesome! I am running the monitor with my xbox x, which supports full 4k and HRD10. The one thing I am unable to figure out is how to enable the HDR10 on the monitor as I heard it comes disabled. It also is showing as disabled in the the xbox x settings. If anybody could assist with the HDR10 activation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex
    How TheRealDrone said:check my reply sorry for the bad news we all got ripped off 
    Did you ever find out how to make it work? I have the same issue but I can't find a solution anywhere.

• SaltyT3xan
    SaltyT3xan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just got the predator X27P having the same problem  talked to acer the predator DOES  NOT support HDR on xbox   It would have been nice if they told us or put this somewhere on their  website which they did not  If you want it to not a look like washed out ***** go into your video settings in your xbox in turn off YCC 4:2:2  it will turn off HDR  Your picture will look normal again and bright but you will not push HDR on xbox they said on series X it will most likely be even  less compatible as its nivida mot AMD also acer will not give you a refund this is my 1st and last acer product  we all just spent 1700$ to 2000$ for a SDR monitor  this is probably why nobody answered your question  
    First off, the Xbox Series X does not use nVidia hardware. MS and Sony have a partnership with AMD. I just got my XBSX system today and was trying to figure out why HDR was not turned on my monitor also. Lucky I found this forum and find it complete BS that my $1300k monitor does not support HDR10 media. I wonder if Acer can update the firmware to fix this issue? 
  • SaltyT3xan
    SaltyT3xan Member Posts: 2 New User
    UPDATE: December 29, 2020: It's been over a month since my last comment. But after messing around with the XBSX, I did managed to get the HDR10 to work. However, games that support HDR continue to not work. Also after speaking with a rep via chat, the monitor does not support Dobly Vision.